My first bouncy bicycle

Home Forum Bike Forum My first bouncy bicycle

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • My first bouncy bicycle
  • Premier Icon nano
    Subscriber

    Nice bike… Great view…

    Premier Icon debaser
    Subscriber

    A 2010 Turner Flux frame built mainly with bits from my hardtail and a new set of 2010 Fox 120 RLC forks.

    Here it is on a quick test ride around the woods, still looking (un)reasonably shiny.

    First proper ride, at the Bealach Leamhain, after being ridden through bog and loch, unceremoniously hurled over a river and dragged half way up a windy mountain.

    Think the suspension setup needs tweaked a little bit, but it seems a very capable bike and I was impressed with how it handled going up and – especially – down the hill.

    As much as I was tempted to buy something with more travel I think this should suit 90 percent of my riding perfectly and it’ll just have to deal with the other 10 percent when it gets pointed at it 😀

    anotherbike
    Member

    Lovely bike. Nice to see a proper mountain bike on here :o)

    Holyzeus
    Member

    Stunning view, not a bad bike….

    Wahaayy, here’s another proper ‘mountain’bike in a similar location. (thought I recognised that loch) 😀


    Newtonmore 2012 044 by jimmyg352, on Flickr

    Premier Icon Wookster
    Subscriber

    Nice mate!

    faz083
    Member

    Wahaayy, here’s another proper ‘mountain’bike in a similar location. (thought I recognised that loch)

    Proper Mountain bike…? That’s an orange five…

    beanieripper
    Member

    youve cut that steerer a bit short…

    barn
    Member

    That Turner is peachy.
    That Orange doesn’t actually look bad in white.

    Both on some great looking hills.

    Great location, but surely ridden in the other way?

    Premier Icon debaser
    Subscriber

    Great location, but surely ridden in the other way?

    Descending Coire Pitridh to Lochan na h-Earba from the bealach was the way I went. Don’t think the descent to Loch Pattack would have been that much fun as it was very boggy in places. Unless you mean the path on the other side of the Loch a’ Bealach a’ Leamhain or the one running south-west into An Larig?

    Anyway, it’s an area I’ll be returing to explore a lot more. Amazing scenery and riding.

    Can’t believe it’s been over two hours and nobody has slagged off the agricultural/functional double with bash and the deore mech 😉

    Proper Mountain bike…? That’s an orange five…

    Correct!

    Proper Mountain bike…? That’s an orange five…

    & another!!


    Newtonmore 2012 047 by jimmyg352, on Flickr

    The descent is alright in the dry. But the point for me is that you can cycle all the way from loch an Hearba over the bealach and down to loch pattack.
    We too want to explore that area the track that branches off the bealach to the south and then ends would be cool if that was there. The push up from loch pattack would not make me happy.

    Premier Icon Teetosugars
    Subscriber

    esselgruntfuttock – Member
    Proper Mountain bike…? That’s a filling cabinet

    Correct!

    Agreed..

    anotherbike
    Member

    Here we go….

    Ha Ha Ha, ‘filling cabinet’

    Well, I knew it wouldn’t be long before some buffoon had to pipe up either.

    Don’t think I’d fancy that ride in the opposite direction TBH. The climb from Loch Pattack was soft to say the least (mind you it was March) but the drop to Lochan an Earba was hardpacked.

    To the O.P.
    Your bike looks good mate, nice up there innit?

    Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

    Nice, but you might want to consider replacing that heavy, ugly bash with either a lighter, prettier one (Blackspire C4 maybe) or perhaps a big ring.

    Bike looks fast enough to need one!

    Lower rise bars too maybe?

    organic355
    Member

    debaser, how did you find the flux with 120mm forks? Ive currently got 100mm SIDS on mine (2011) and interested to know how it handles with 120s? All the pics Ive seen it seems to tilt the bike back quite a bit but yours looks OK.

    Premier Icon debaser
    Subscriber

    Esselgruntfuttock – cheers, maps have already been out to plan some more rides in the area.

    Organic – seems spot on at 120mm and turner seem to be speccing 120s on their 2012 builds, though they may have tweaked the geometry. I’m probably not the best to get a measured opinion from though as my last bike had a very slack head angle so this feels quite different.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘My first bouncy bicycle’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks are open.

Skip to top