Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • My dream bike – Yeti
  • RustyNissanPrairie

just reading a Yeti based thread on here got me thinking-

I’ve always really loved 2 bike companies- Brooklyn Machine Works and Yeti. I’ve owned a Racelink and a Park frame by Brooklyn but never a Yeti. My style has changed to 140mm ‘hardcore hardtail’ bikes nowadays and am currently riding a Ragley Bluepig with Profile BMX cranks,

I mithered Joe at Brooklyn to see if they had any plans for a 140mm/updated Park frame but its come to nothing-they’re to busy making fixies…..

however I was just day dreaming and thinking about an updated steel Yeti PRO style frame with loop stays and that oval BB bridge but with a dropped toptube for a bit of clearance and to suit 140mm forks for UK hardtail style riding. In that nice Yeti turquoise blue……..

pastcaring
    Free Member

I mithered Joe at Brooklyn to see if they had any plans for a 140mm/updated Park frame but its come to nothing-they’re to busy making fixies…..

joe’s an old friend
    the brooklyn longish travel hardtail will happen! just not yet…

Leku
    Free Member

I never understood why Yeti don’t make a 140mm travel hardtail. A 575 type hardtail.

and yes in turquoise of course.

RustyNissanPrairie

joe’s an old friend
    the brooklyn longish travel hardtail will happen! just not yet…

not much seems to be happening though, the websites still saying ‘coming 2011’ , last blog is Nov2010, ‘the family’ is pretty quiet nowadays apart from asking about the 140mm frame, Seth (and obviously Doc) are doing their own things.

My Ragley rides well and is taking a proper beating, but it dosnt have any soul or love emanating from it.

Yeti, Superco, or BMW, the first to make a 140mm steel ‘hard’tail gets my hard earned folding.

5lab

perhaps the reason is that both of them are US companies and US companies can’t be arsed with producing a frame than only a few forumites in the UK will buy, they’d much rather focus on their core, US market..

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Think Frank The Welder is still knocking stuff together? He might do something.

Otherwise, I’ve been in touch with Brad Hodges from Nemesis Project bikes in the States about building me a Double Agent with revised angles and sizing to come up the same(ish) as my Blur 4X. VERY helpful and good price. Still pondering whether to get one…

scant
    Free Member

yes, franks still building: http://ftwindustries.blogspot.com/

RustyNissanPrairie

the thing is though that Brooklyn had a large following in the UK and a ready market for a 140mm bike. Their ‘Park’ wasnt a million miles off and could have evolved into something 140 ish. People seemed to have drifted away from the heavy hitting Brooklyn DH bikes and away from Brooklyn in general as they follow the fixie market

Evil have tapped into the 140 market well considering they are a US brand, the Sovereign is £600 and is made of bog standard 4130

There arnt any steel ‘hard’tail 140’s from any ’boutique’ brands

5lab

There arnt any steel ‘hard’tail 140’s from any ’boutique’ brands

eh? there’s bloody hundreds?

sambob
    Free Member

I think he means people like Santa Cruz, Intense and Turner.

5lab

ah, US boutique brands, as opposed to UK\european ones?

even then, Banshee sell one, as do marin, and santa cruz. They’re all aluminium, but its only the UK who believes that’s a disadvantage. Everyone else just realises its a heavier material than alu with no noticable benefits (no measurable flex in a double triangle frame anyway)

anyway, transition and gary fisher do boutique steel ht frames, there’s probably more

sambob
    Free Member

I’m with you, although I love the looks of a skinny steel frame like a Soul or a Duster. A skinny tubed, cheap, big forked alloy hardtail would suit me down to the ground.

5lab

a chameleon is fairly skinny tubed..

sambob
    Free Member

True. Miss out on the cheap bit mind….

colournoise

BFe?
    Slackline?

slainte ❓ rob

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘My dream bike – Yeti’ is closed to new replies.