Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • My bike weighs a ton and im horribly unfit…
  • hicksville
    Free Member

Intresting bike, as above go with a thomson inline (?) drop a couple of spacers or run a low rise bar or 0 degree stem, it will help the climbing a bit if that is where you have the seat post normally.
    Tyres
    have a look at, all on crc website
    Maxxis Advantage – FR From £17.99
    Tioga Blue Dragon Magnum 66 From £17.99
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=5464
    Tioga Yellow Kirin Magnum 66 From £19.99
    used one of these most of last summer, decent tyre, survived the prynees, and i think did well in STW test of tyres
    WTB WeirWolf Comp Tyre
    no idea what they are like but cheap
    WTB Mutano Raptor From £11.00

but one persons tyre recommendation is anothers living hell.
    Good luck and tell us howe you go on 😀

unklebuck
    Free Member

What’s this Jon, you getting tempted to ride uphill as well as down!

I’m not surprised you’re slow with supertackys, I’ve got a pair of 2.25 Crossmarks in 60a and they’re hardwork for general CX duties, but really good at CyB and the like. For more general XC rides mega soft tyres take such an effort to keep moving that you can’t get up to speed to use the extra grip.

If you want I’ve got some panaracer rampages you could borrow. Have moved over to stans and don’t trust them to stay on the rim without a tube inside after a couple of issues with a pair of fire xc’s i’ve got. Let me know if you fancy trying em.

Mavic 719’s would be my rim of choice, a bit more robust than 717’s and the extra width is good for bigger tyres, only a bit heavier as well.

I can take you out on a training circuit with Matt if you like, I’m sure we’d soon have you in shape…

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘My bike weighs a ton and im horribly unfit…’ is closed to new replies.