• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by igm.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • My 9 year old just did the Chavnnes red DH in Les Gets today
  • igm

Kona Stinky 2-4, 24″ wheels, 100mm Rebas, open face helmet, knee pads only.

Not the fastest ever but always confident and controlled. Full travel front and rear.

Quote: that bit in the middle was a bit tricky daddy

Proud dad and I don’t care who knows it.

That said I don’t think I’ll want to watch when he’s 16.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Buy that kid a bottle of cote du rhone, a massive steak, and wheel barrow… he’s gonna need it in a few years to get about…

Ambrose

Well done- I always dislike the middle section for it’s wheel swallowing braking bumps. It must be especially ‘entertaining’ with 24″ hoops.

igm

That was the tricky bit

Cote de Rhone and a steak? Pizza and a glass of milk.

Mum and dad get the wine (nice St Emillion GC followed by a Cahors)

Wheelbarrow? Maybe, he didn’t really seem “stoked” or think it was “rad” he just wanted to do it, quietly did it and grinned at the bottom. Slightly worried by just how much he took it in his stride.

tonyg2003

Yep impressive ride (I came down the 4x with the young man), very nicely ridden. I’d give IGM 5 yrs before he’s slower than him!

His brother on dads cross bar down the red got more looks from the DH crew!

dantsw13

“the Big Table” on the middle of the Chavannes broke my wrist and collarbone 3 years ago!!

igm

5 years? I think you’re being generous to me Tony.

As soon as he’s in 26″ wheels (650b / 29 delete as appropriate) I’ve had it.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

dantsw13 – Member
    “the Big Table” on the middle of the Chavannes broke my wrist and collarbone 3 years ago!!

Me too about 7 years ago… I got away with just my collarbone done though.

harrytoo
    Free Member

Used to love Chevannes but this year it seems to be ruined by braking bumps in that middle section.

Super Morzine trails were far more fun……

But big respect for the boy……cant wait until mine goes from the fire roads to the trails, maybe next year.

carlphillips
    Free Member

well done him! a great day out for all, good to meet you and Tony today (btw Tony yhm!)

my youngest got a cheeky leffe when we got in (well until his mum took it off of him).

Sam enjoyed his last run of the day with you both, he is totally jealous of your boys bike!!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Nice !

But a St Emillion Grand Cru followed by a Cahors 😯 Two bottles of either but don’t mix !

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Ouch, out of interest, how big is ‘the big table’?

igm

Jambalaya – when it’s the last night in the apartment and that’s what you have… first world problem really.

Thanks for all the comments by the way – I’ve told him and he’s grinning madly. I think he’s unsurprised that I’m impressed and proud but hearing other people’s congratulations confirms it really is an achievement.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘My 9 year old just did the Chavnnes red DH in Les Gets today’ is closed to new replies.