Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Dopehead in the flat above with thin flooring between us.
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Asked him to keep the noise down and he did,FOR THREE HOURS.How would you folks get him to behave in a considerate manner?Or is it the usual put up or leave.Thanks for any good ideas.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Move to the Chat forum?

cumberlandsausage
    Free Member

if he is a dopehead, then start making reports to the police. The locals just got 2 evicted from near me this way

RoterStern
    Free Member

Surely a dopehead spends most of his time comatoze not making any noise. At least that is what I used to do! 😳

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Surely a dopehead spends most of his time comatoze not making any noise. At least that is what I used to do!

Maybe he’s looking for biscuits

richmtb

Buy a hifi, with big floorstanders and a subwoofer.

Everytime he is loud drown him out. He’ll get the message soon enough

Peace through superior firepower.

sweepy
    Free Member

Just think yourself lucky its dope not speed.

But if you really want to retaliate sound wise you cant beat 5mins of chainsaw at random intervals.

wrecker
    Free Member

Put white noise through the speakers then go out.

Kryton57

We have pot smokers next door, from time to time they like to party and we have two kids. Most of the time they are considerate, but when they aren’t, there’s late night shouting or music I stand I t he garden and have a loud conversation about “last nights issue” and “what might happen if the police discovered a house full of dope”

It normally goes quiet for a few months.

enfht
    Free Member

Toking isn’t noisy. Cannot compute.

chambord
    Free Member

Keep them on side, you never know when you might get the urge for a cheeky teenth.

Kryton57

Toking isn’t noisy. Cannot compute.

Well guess what, you turn a stereo on, noise comes out.

enfht
    Free Member

You mean that reefers twist your mind and make you turn up your hi-fi in some sort of weird hysterical haze? Sounds like fun must give it a try.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I had the misfortune to rent a flat above some coke-heads DJ’s who had parties every weekend until 7am in a badly converted house with essentially NO sound insulation whatsoever. Unfortunately, they owned rather than rented their flat, which makes eviction nigh on impossible.

It was hell for about 6 months. I tried all the legal means of resolving the issue possible, and none of it made any difference to these @rseholes. Eventually they started letting my car tyres down and chucking rubbish in the bin and other petty things.

I realise people will start suggesting retaliation and stuff, but really, lifes too short for this nonsense. It jsut escalates and gets you nowhere.

I eventually moved out, and AFAIK the landlady couldn’t be bothered either and she sold the flat.

I was tempted to sue them but had too much else going on. There’s a legal tort of private nuisance which you can use to do this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuisance_in_English_law

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Anonymous tip about dealing?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

He’s doing drugs I think to medicate his headless chicken personality type.Which of course is not pleasant to live below.Apes

JoeG
    Free Member

Change your wifi router name to “drug task force” or similar! 😉

StirlingCrispin

Buy a hifi, with big floorstanders and a subwoofer.

Everytime he is loud drown him out. He’ll get the message soon enough

Wait until the morning. I dealt with my ex-dopehead neighbours by playing Bat Out of Hell at 11 and heading out for a paper.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

and chucking rubbish in the bin and other petty things.

Utter bastards, putting rubbish where it actually belongs

Drac

chucking rubbish in the bin and other petty things.

Damn that’s terrible. 😐

teasel
    Free Member

🙂

You guys – so eager to criticise. Clearly he means his bin.

Drac

We know. 🙄

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is bins a euphemism?

teasel
    Free Member

Yeah, of course you did, Drac.

🙂

chambord
    Free Member

I got annoyed by a neighbour putting rubbish in my bin a couple of weeks ago. Then I realised that if 10-years-ago-me saw myself I’d be absolutely gutted about what I’d become so decided to let it go.

teasel
    Free Member

That’s a rubbish story.

chambord
    Free Member

quit trashin my story

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Change your wifi router name to “drug task force” or similar!

Genius.

We’re moving house in the next couple of weeks, now tempted to set up the wi-fi as witness protection services.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Dope head next door kept stealing my (assigned to my flat) parking space for my flat.

One day he was found dead in his car shot in the head.

Local TV news reporter asked me what I thought about the murder as I walked past the crime scene.

I replied: “I got my parking spot back”.

Smudger666

Frankie – genius mate, genius!

wiggles
    Free Member

Did you shoot him?

You sound a bit like a psychopath…

Frankenstein
    Free Member

As I said to the police during the interview:

“hes dead? No I didn’t do it but at-least I get my parking spot back!”

It was long 10 minute bloody walk from a non resident parking area to the flat after a late night at Uni.

Bristol 2003/4.

Idiot sold drugs to people and was taken out by rivals.

I wouldn’t harm a flea unless it parked on my driveway….

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Umm…..shoot him,hadn’t considered that option.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Fancy Dress Party and put the wrong flat number on the invite?

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Dopehead in the flat above with thin flooring between us.’ is closed to new replies.