Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • My 456 finished at last!
  • Andy_K

Finally got the thing finished! I got the frame last autumn, but a 6 month spell unemployed kept me from finishing untill now. Crossmax SL’s and Fox RL’s were ebay specials to save dollars, but everything else is new(ish)
    Whinlatter shakedown, very happy so far:

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Cool. have you inspected the wiper seals and the hidden bits of the stanchions on the forks? Worth ensuring they are smooth, clean and lubed as the previous owner may have been less than fastidious about this and it can wreck them.

Speshpaul

mmm, Tidy it is.

higgo
    Free Member

Nice build.
    I love mine.

Now thrash it.

knottie8
    Free Member

Lovely bike…..

pcb
    Free Member

Sweet I want one!

Andy_K

buzz-lightyear – Member

Cool. have you inspected the wiper seals and the hidden bits of the stanchions on the forks? Worth ensuring they are smooth, clean and lubed as the previous owner may have been less than fastidious about this and it can wreck them.

Yeah, so i hear. I’m going to order some service bits tonight i think. Going down to North Wales on next wednesday evening for the first time, should be fun!

Other bike details:
    XT drivetrain and shifters.
    Hope Tech X2’s with braided lines, 183mm front, 160mm rear.
    thompson seatpost, easton bars, raceface stem, crank bros. pedals (which may go sooner rather than later)

jwt
    Free Member

stop taking photos and CANE IT!
    like i do with mine 😈

sharkbait
    Free Member

What length steerer is on your fork?
    I’m just about to build up an old [but new to me] 456 frame (when it gets here) and I’ve got an Fox Talas 32 with a 187mm steerer – I’m just not sure it’s going to be long enough. 😯

Inbred456
    Free Member

Head tubes on the Inbred are short so as long as you don’t want really high bars the steerer length should be fine.

http://www.on-one-shop.co.uk/?page_id=940

P.S. Great Bike.

djglover
    Free Member

You seem to have over pimped some old scaffold poles.

tails
    Free Member

jesus a nice on one whatever next

hora
    Free Member

Looked at the first pic (couldnt see the build) 🙂

Second pic 😀

Very nice. Its a great frame- better than alot of pimpy/boutique frames. Far far better.

domjohn123
    Free Member

Best hardtail of their knd out there, ive got he same fame and th sake forks, planning on gettting slx
    granks amd new brakes, but it feel good on most things. 🙂

Andy_K

sharkbait – Member

What length steerer is on your fork?

Mine came with about 190-200mm on it, and it’s loads too much. Already lopped about 10mm or so off it and presently have a spacer above the stem.
    Going to mess about a bit more till i find the height i’m happy with.

djglover – Member

You seem to have over pimped some old scaffold poles.

Why thank you sir! 😀

JoeBones
    Free Member

Nice bike, health to enjoy!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Mine came with about 190-200mm on it, and it’s loads too much. Already lopped about 10mm or so off it and presently have a spacer above the stem.

Phew 😀

Although mine will not look as sweet as yours I’m certainly looking forward to it.

Andy_K

Well, i saved over 50% on both the forks and wheel set, and they both look hardly used. Just a year or two old. I guess that means the wheels are all of 50g heavier than this years! 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Best hardtail of their knd out there,

Arguably for the price there is nothing anywhere near the 456. It punches way above its price-point.

DoctorRad
    Free Member

Arguably for the price there is nothing anywhere near the 456. It punches way above its price-point.

A mate in Bristol has just got one set up as a commuter, can’t wait to give it a go to see if it has that feel-of-steel zing to it.

philjunior
    Free Member

50g heavier? More like a different colour. 🙂

Have fun on it, looks nice.

And as said above, it’s at least as nice as some far more boutique and overpriced stuff.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘My 456 finished at last!’ is closed to new replies.