Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • "MUVI" cams – removing timestamp?
  • marty
    Free Member

picked up one of those "muvi" cameras off ebay. not had it out on bike yet, but seems like reasonable quality.

can set the time/date stamp by adding a TAG.txt file to the root BUT would rather it wasn't there at all.

any idea how to remove the timestamp completely?

duntstick
    Free Member

Click here

You may find this useful

It's a d-shaker, but also is able to clip off the time stamp

marty
    Free Member

thanks – bit more rummaging around found me this to use with virtualdub:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw0Bl4bIvGk&feature=related

works nae bad. can still make out that there's something there, but should be OK for most things.

rOcKeTdOg

Do a search on Ebay for "mini dv camera" . One seller over in Hong Kong (with a very high feedback so its all legit) has them starting? at 0.01 CENTS AND NO SHIPPING FEE!
    If your lucky you can snag one of these for ten bucks, use it to catch your wife cheating on you, go through a long and lengthy divorce, loose half of all you have, become depressed and start drinking, end up on a steamer ship going to parts unknown then die alone and scared on the lip of a volcano on an uninhabited island

🙂

Pierre

If it's a genuine Veho Muvi then it doesn't put the timestamp on the video. If it's a cheap Chinese knock-off then it will, and it will film at 720×480 instead of 640×480. Not a big deal, but the quality isn't as good and it will fill up the memory card faster. IME.

: P

rOcKeTdOg

mine cost £12, i can live with the resolution to save £70 odd, it's not like i'm about to challenge the Collective guys with mtb filums

marty
    Free Member

what rOcKeTdOg said (the 2nd time round).

Potdog
    Free Member

Never mind a helmet cam, these are what you need 😆
    Sunglasses Camera

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘"MUVI" cams – removing timestamp?’ is closed to new replies.