Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Music luddite help please
  • bearnecessities

I’ve no idea how to get music nowadays and morally, I guess I should go legal.*

I’m not bothered by having hard copies (especially if a couple of quid a track!), so it looks like streaming is the way to go, but a £120 a year for Spotify seems a bit spendy.

Is stuff like this legit?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spotify-12-Month-Premium-1-Year-iPhone-Android-WorldWide-Has-Offline-Music-/252828946945?clk_rvr_id=1192517427037&rmvSB=true

Or anything better options? It’s only for the car really, that apparently doesn’t come with a sodding CD player.

Ta.

*joke

prettygreenparrot

if you have the data plan you can just stream spotify or apple music on your phone for free.

Have you checked amazon to see if you can get mp3s of music you’ve bought from them?

Reclaim (and listen to) lost Amazon music*
    Stream old CDs/vinyl or turn them into MP3s for free
    Ongoing
    Buy CDs or vinyl from Amazon and its Autorip service* lets you stream or download the MP3 version for free, yet this can also apply to music you’ve bought from Amazon at any time since 1999.

You can potentially recover 17 years of forgotten music – from CDs you’ve lost, damaged or thrown away, and MP3s you downloaded that have since been wiped from your electronic devices.

How do I reclaim my old music?

Check your Amazon Music* library to see if you’ve any past albums available to stream and download. Bear in mind, it can take a while for Autorip to locate your music. It’s also worth noting only CDs and vinyl with the Autorip logo displayed alongside them are eligible to be reclaimed.

The biggest musical treasure trove at MSE Towers belonged to MSE Darryl, who had 150 albums going back 13 years – they took about 10 minutes to get.

Success stories from the MSE Forum:

“Wow! 11 albums equating to 118 songs. How fab is that? Thanks MSE” – Elliesmum

“21 albums and 386 songs – brilliant!” – Shezzieh

“Thought this was brilliant, then realised I’d bought the mother-in-law a Susan Boyle CD last year… ugh” – GingerJuice (who clearly got a lot more than they bargained for)

bearnecessities

I’ve only ever bought a hosepipe off amazon, but thanks.

What’s the free service like? Is it – listen to a track – listen to a 30 second advert for…hosepipes?

slowoldman

You could listen to the wireless.

Cougar

What’s the free service like? Is it – listen to a track – listen to a 30 second advert for…hosepipes?

There’s an easy way to find out.

AFAICR, Spotify free plays a single advert maybe every three songs. Been a while so that may have changed.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Can’t be any worse than listening to commercial radio

bearnecessities

There’s an easy way to find out.

There is. And I’m asking it 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

As I said…. http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/on-the-subject-of-music-streaming-google-music-4-months-free-psa

Gives you 4 months of streaming with a decent, if not as polished as Spotify/Deezer, full account to bust out those summer jams.

tjagain

I have a spotify sub that is £5 amonth – Dunno if its still available. No ads but not able to download

Jamie
    Free Member

seadog101

I can’t seem to get Spotify to behave itself lately.

I’m fine with the adverts they don’t seem too intrusive. However, after a few songs of my choosing I seem to get saddled with something of Spotify’s choosing. This is usually something irritatingly poppy no offensive MOR pap, that I can’t just skip. I’ve always used the free service, but it’s only in the last year that it’s been acting up.

nickc

but a £120 a year for Spotify seems a bit spendy.

It does at face value, but it’s millions of tracks (literally) while there is stuff you’ll not find on it, those tracks are generally few and far between, and for me the annual cost is about what I spent on CDs anyway. Put the app on your phone, download and play offline if you want. buy a decent bluetooth speaker…and you’re pretty much set.

Jamie
    Free Member

I agree with Nick. £10 to listen to any music 24/7 on any type of device is great value. If anything, I wished maybe it was a little bit more, so the artists got a bigger cut. It’s that odd thing where people just can’t see the value in things they cannot touch.

£10 = 2 or 3 pints etc.

Loads of extra wizzbang stuff as well, tho. I just pre-saved the new Coldcut x On-U Sound LP to Spotify. So when it’s released, boom, it’s in my library.

doris5000

+1

I used to spend £120 a month on music. That much for a year’s listening to almost everything ever is a bargain IMO

funny how people’s perceptions of value vary (especially on a forum for fans of shiny expensive engineering! 😉 )

traildog
    Free Member

I’m not really sure what you are asking. Do you want to get new stuff or just your existing stuff? If you find 120 quid a year expensive then I guess you don’t buy much new music.

You can always purchase the music as a download. Or get the cd and rip it to a hard disk, card, phone or whatever it is your car takes.

ourmaninthenorth

+1

I used to spend £120 a month on music.

I still do. Still haven’t got round to Spotify or Apple music yet, which for a tenner, I really ought to (only it will result in me spending even more on music…).

righog
    Free Member

I used to get my ad free heavy metal fix from Team Rock on internet radio but they have Gone bust because they had no adverts…..

So Lately I have been using Youtube they have many playlist and full albums, I am not sure If this 100 % legit but is a great way to get the music you like.

When I get round to it and finish my never ending house renovation I plan on setting up a Spotify account with the appropriate streaming device. I am quite happy to subscribe when i get sorted.

Screaming for vengeance……Grrrr

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCNNQxdO9H8[/video]

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Music luddite help please’ is closed to new replies.