Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Murdoch foam attacker sent down
  • yossarian
    Free Member

Nice to see that the mindless thug who assaulted Rupert Murdoch has got his comeuppance. Whatever you might say about Murdoch, he is still a frail old man and should have his human rights protected more than others because of how famous he is. I’m not saying that everybody who uses shaving foam to attack people should go to prison, that would be stupid.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Disgusting. Shooduv sent the mindless thug down for at least five years. How dare he attack that poor, frail, defenceless old mayn who has never done anything wrong or caused anyone else or society any pain ever?

I blame Muslamical Gay Swans.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Shocking prison for that, our Criminal Justice System is f*****d.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I thought it was their ray guns?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

What was the charge and is it a fair punishment?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh yeah, could be the ray guns, yeah, forgot about them…

Thin end of the wedge. Country’s going to the dogs etc etc etc….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Assault, suspended sentence and fine would be fair.

MrNutt
    Free Member

BAN THIS SICK FILTH! it could be Diana’s face the next time.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Whatever you might say about Murdoch, he is still a frail old man and should have his human rights protected more than others because of how famous he is.

Arseholes. He’s a very powerful man who should’ve got a smack in the teeth rather than a plate full of shaving foam.

Having said that, what that muppet did was no different to contempt of court, so on balance the prison sentence was probably right imo.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

He pleaded guilty to assault and public order probably section 5 (unlikely to be 4) it is a ridiculous sentence. He should not have gone to prison.

piha
    Free Member

I agree with MC with regards to our Criminal Justice System, utterly stupid decision and a waste of tax payers money.
    I also agree with Yossarians point that the guy had no right to physically attack an 80 year old man (and I don’t like Murdoch one bit).

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I reckon I should report the oddly guessed geezer I saw ‘attacking’ another oddly dressed geezer with a ‘custard pie’ a while ago. No idea where they both shopped, but both had way oversized shoes and trousers too short but with a waist so large they required braces! It’s no laughing matter!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

How long is he being locked up for?

yossarian
    Free Member

Isn’t Nick Clegg a nice man? I mean you watch him talking on telly and I dunno but I just trust him.

I think it’s a good thing that the police have become politicised. It means that the government can get things done quickly and not wait for ages whilst barristers and the like argue about it.

deluded
    Free Member

Pi55 taking aside, but he did try to demean the proceedings of a fairly serious matter – I think on balance he probably does deserve a quick stint up at the big house. Admittedly there are more deserving candidates out there for a custodial sentence but an inquiry into amongst other transgressions, the hacking of murder victims phones by the press, should not be the subject of high farce. It’s not the actual act of a pie in the moosh – it’s more about the context/setting in which the act took place.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

It’s typical of todays lazy youth, he couldn’t even be bothered to make a real custard Pie, hang him.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I wooduv pooed in the plate before throwing it.

Might as well get hung for a sheep as a lamb….

5thElefant
    Free Member

Made me laugh when I read he’d been locked up, so he achieved his goal.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Surrounded by zulus… he got 6 weeks. Deluded, do you not think it is wrong though just because of the environment he got more? I do but hey I don’t know full facts, ie his previous etc.

yossarian
    Free Member

an inquiry into amongst other transgressions, the hacking of murder victims phones by the press, should not be the subject of high farce

I thought it was high farce already. I thought they all denied knowing anything about any of it. And knowing anything about what each other was doing. Now maybe I missed something but that sounds like a pile of total and utter bullshit to me. In that ‘context’ I wonder how long their prison sentences will be?

deluded
    Free Member

Yoss – agreed, but it didn’t need matey turning up acting the clown.

MC – No I don’t for the reasons I’ve given. Despite how we feel about the quality of the testimony on offer, it was still a process worthy of serious attention/application and beyond custard pies and the like.

One hopes that it sets the bench mark for the other sentences that may or may not follow – but like everyone else I think it a thin to vanishing prospect that anybody further will be sent down in relation to this imbroglio.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

It’s to encourage others not to be muppets. His intervention actually may have let Murdoch off the hook a bit and got him some sympathy from the committee.

In the street might have been another matter but in that committee it detracted from holding Murdoch to account.

Lifer
    Free Member

Didn’t the guy who flour bombed The Prime Minister, in the House of Commons, get a tiny fine?

EDIT – £600!

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Court+fines+flour-bomb+father+pounds+600.-a0117240979

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Munqe-chick – Member

I don’t know full facts, ie his previous etc.

His previous isn’t good :

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AfGQ2FEfK0&feature=related[/video]

ScottChegg
    Free Member

When they do the US version of this enquiry, if someone should try to stick a pie in his face then, they will be shot.

3 weeks in poky looks reasonable in that case.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m glad he got sent down. Should stop other idiots trying similar stunts.

Couldn’t care who his target was.

cb

I’m quite glad that someone that attacks an 80 year old serves time. The security breach embarrassment did him no favours however.

saxabar
    Free Member

I don’t have a strong view on the length of the sentence, but perhaps three weeks might have been more appropriate? Intensely annoying is how this won Murdoch support and eased the pressure of the questioning. T**t!

jackoinmoss
    Free Member

Did he not throw a pie and get a smack in the mouth for his trouble?

Is a smack in the mouth reasonable force?

World gone mad bla bla.

Shouldn’t care who the target is but it matters as if it were you or i that got pied I doubt they would even bring charges.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Is a smack in the mouth reasonable force?

Sure. Shooting him would have been reasonable under the circumstances. And really funny.

McHamish
    Free Member

Shoulda splurged him…

yossarian
    Free Member

What are the dangers of acute exposure to shaving foam? Apparently several members of the tiswas cast have developed serious illnesses, I think we should be told.

Murdoch already appears to have amnesia, I think all charges should be dropped to be honest.

Lifer
    Free Member

I don’t think it makes sense, £600 fine for flour bombing the PM, in the chamber (much bigger security breach IMO) compared to 6 months for pieing some old bloke at a public hearing.

She said she had also taken into account the fear of injury Mr Murdoch would have experienced, as he did not know what was in the pie.

But Tony Blair knew exactly what was being thrown at him, which is why they evacuated the chamber for a few hours after the flour bombing…

McHamish
    Free Member

But Tony Blair knew exactly what was being thrown at him, which is why they evacuated the chamber for a few hours after the flour bombing…

I think her point was that Johnny F**kwit (or whatever his name is) didn’t know what was in the shaving foam and whether it could have harmed Murdoch.

The guy in the House of Commons knew flour wasn’t going to hurt anyone.

duckman

I trust all the scum at NOTW who were involved in the hacking will be treated as harshly. Actually,I don’t trust at all.

Lifer
    Free Member

I think her point was that Johnny F**kwit (or whatever his name is) didn’t know what was in the shaving foam and whether it could have harmed Murdoch.

The wording is quite specific, it was Murdoch’s fear over what could have been in the pie that she took into account.

spacemonkey

If he’d done that to an old biddy in the street he’d have been given a caution. Yet more proof that our JS is shit.

donsimon
    Free Member

He wasn’t sent down for attacking Murdoch, was he?
    Wasn’t he sent down for disrespecting the Parliamentary Session (or whatever it’s called)?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

He’s a very powerful man who should’ve got a smack in the teeth

Seriously?

(Apart from the fact that “smacking” someone in the teeth will result in surgery for your hand).

Lifer
    Free Member

don simon – Member
    He wasn’t sent down for attacking Murdoch, was he?
    Wasn’t he sent down for disrespecting the Parliamentary Session (or whatever it’s called)?

Public order section 5

assault and causing harassment, alarm or distress.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Murdoch foam attacker sent down’ is closed to new replies.