Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Mumford and sons. I just don't get them….
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Glasto live now, my 6 yr old son obviously doesn’t either as he’s lay here doing armpit trumps 😆

transapp
    Free Member

Where as I reckon they are great. Who’d have thought – people like different music…

MrSparkle

Been done to death now. The novelty has worn off for me hence listening to Anthrax – caught in a mosh on the headphones whilst the missus watches the Mummies

nicko74

Believe it or not they’re huge in N America.

But yeah, once you’ve heard a couple of their tracks you’ve heard ’em all. Soulful voice, bit of melody, getting louder, loud final third, banjo solo, the end.
    Done!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Thanks for sharing.

Anything that can make it to Glasto is too mainstream for me TBH.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Me neither, they’re are mediocre pop band bordering on rubbish!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Anything that can make it to Glasto is too mainstream for me TBH.

What tosh.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Could be worse could be morrissey 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

a poor mans arcade fire with a god awful banjo overdub. dreadful.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Whatev’s Darcy… I’m just surrendering wholeheartedly to the STW niche stereotype.

I’ve actually bought the Mumford & Son’s album twice, why? Coz I lost my first copy and I like it.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

They’re ok. Not sure they’ll get past 2 albums. Little Dragon were ok.

_tom_
    Free Member

I don’t like em, they’re really boring and quite miserable.

bagpuss
    Free Member

If you had a teenager in the house who listens to JLS and other assorted conveyor belt pop you’d love Mumford and Sons.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

LOL bagpuss 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ve Sat and listened to the whole set so far as any good critique should, ive seen them before and no doubt I’ll see them again but as tom said quite succinctly they are a bit boring. Nicko summed up the whole musical production very well I thought! Armpit trump boy has now gone to bed so I’m looking forward to hearing the cave without the added acoustics !!

trailmonkey

as exponents of diddly diddly music go, i quite like ’em.

mattbee

I like them.
    I think the problem with the footage of events like Glastonbury on TV is that the sound mix is great when you’re knee deep in mud in front of a stage and a couple of huge stacks, but is terrible through a home system.

b_man
    Free Member

they are brilliant, soulful and talented musicians and the mere fact that not everyone likes them makes me like them more…..

scaredypants

trailmonkey – Member
    as exponents of diddly diddly music go, i quite like ’em

Quite agree – good terminology too

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

they are brilliant, soulful and talented musicians and the mere fact that not everyone likes them makes me like them more…..

+1

I D/L’ed Mumford and Sons after hearing them on teh radio and thinking I liked em.

Listened to the album and realised that in fact, they are absolutely shite.

Still, it could be worse – I could be watching Bono having virtual sex with his ego at Glasto….. Oh, hold on, I am, but at least I’m at home and not up to my armpits in shit and piss.

I used to love the Joshua Tree, but he’s even ruined that for me tonight – pleb!

scaredypants

M&S would prob be far “better” if every tv producer in the land hadn’t used them for trailers ALL THE BLOODY TIME

billybob
    Free Member

I likes em.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

You have to respect them for repackaging Americana and selling it back to the Americans, they’re making a killing.

It’s the ultimate coals to Newcastle scenario.

trailmonkey

americana ?

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Americana.

trailmonkey

mmmkay if you say so.

sounds wholly anglo/celtic to me.

MrSparkle

If you had a teenager in the house who listens to JLS and other assorted conveyor belt pop you’d love Mumford and Sons.

I have. I don’t.

;0)

Clink

I liked them – probably buy the album

MrSparkle – Member

I have. I don’t.

;0)

Ditto, if you can count a 10yr old as a teenager….

Coyote
    Free Member

Mumford and Sons much betterer than that supposed “headliners” whats on now.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Have to say I never put them in the Americana bracket – their popularity is on the back of the Fleet Foxes.

Call it what you will, it’s Folk.

MrSparkle

There was a band on at one of the local pubs recently. They were called ‘Is it Folk’. Made me smile.

BillMC

I find them samey and lightweight. Good music comes from adversity and they’re posh public schoolboys who’ve been at the dressing up box. David Cameron likes them though.

clubber
    Free Member

Good music comes from adversity

well along with tsy’s tounge in cheek comment, we’re certainly getting all the music tryhard clichés in here 🙂

(they went to my school fwiw. guess it’s a good job I didn’t go into music)

wrightyson
    Free Member

I also switched the preacher man off!!

IdleJon

deadlydarcy – Member

Call it what you will, it’s Folk.

I don’t think so. They’ve got some folk elements, but they’re sort of folk-lite. For people who are too afraid to look in the ‘Folk’ section at HMV.

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member

Still, it could be worse – I could be watching Bono having virtual sex with his ego at Glasto….. Oh, hold on, I am, but at least I’m at home and not up to my armpits in shit and piss.

I used to love the Joshua Tree, but he’s even ruined that for me tonight – pleb!

+1.

A totally emotionless, charisma free, joyless performance (viewed from the comfort of my sofa!), I thought. A band going through the motions and not caring whether the music captivates anybody. It got me wondering how U2 got so big (based on a couple of albums in the 80s) and then supposedly stayed big. Does anybody still listen to them?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

They’ve got some folk elements

Call it what you will, it’s folk. If it looks like folk, sounds like folk and smells like folk, then it probably is folk…with a bit of swearing thrown in for the youngsters (I quite like them).

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

I can’t even begin to explain quite how much Mumford and Sons do it for me. Marcus has a voice that just hits the spot, right there where it hurts.

Funny how music can be so massively dividing on opinion.

trailmonkey

I don’t think so. They’ve got some folk elements, but they’re sort of folk-lite.

if it goes diddly diddly, then its folk

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Mumford and sons. I just don't get them….’ is closed to new replies.