Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mucho bad news day
  • DezB
    Free Member

First I read on STW that Setanta has stopped broadcasting. I think ooh, that’s bad.
    Then I find out that our dept director has left lots of stuff in his shared calendar about our operation being shipped off to the US.
    Redundancy pretty much a definite then. Slightly worse than Setanta I suppose! So, now is the time to get off my arse and find a new career.
    Daunting, extremely daunting.

BTW, just read in Dirt that Mick Hannah’s wife is called Hannah. So at least I’m smiling 🙂

Smee
    Free Member

Hannah Hannah is still better than Neville Neville.

Nick

presumably your dept director will be first against the wall for being incompetent?

DezB
    Free Member

Should be – he’s only just got the job, then makes a massive f^*k up like this.
    Funny, the bigwigs were over from the US last week putting a big smokescreen over the reason for their visit. Getting us all together to tell us about “future strategies”. Bastards, aren’t they.

uplink
    Free Member

The Setanta thing is good & bad for us
    They owe us loads of money 🙁 but I now won’t have to work Sunday 😀

G
    Free Member

American Owners = Utter Cocks in my experience.

Been down that road twice now, and both times were personified by lies, deceit, incompetence and cover up. Reading your post I’m seeing a pattern developing.

Best of luck for the future.

G

stcolin
    Free Member

personified by lies, deceit, incompetence and cover up

So that’s what George Bush is up too now.

Nah, in all seriousness, best of luck mate.

TheDoog
    Free Member

Our American owners just took the ‘chapter 11 bankruptcy’ which is different to bankruptcy over here but daunting nonetheless. But im told the European arm is exempt, still i wouldn’t trust em to keep us informed truthfully. I reckon redundancy would be good cos i can bug off and do my cytech and wheel building courses cos god only knows theres a lack of reliable repairists round here!

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Dez – sorry to hear it – hope it works out for you

J

DezB
    Free Member

Cheers mate

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mucho bad news day’ is closed to new replies.