Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Much talk of PPDS, but one question needs answering…
  • votchy
    Free Member

…what tyres will I need?

My initial thoughts would be to use my XR4’s, they seem to have pretty thick sidewalls, pretty large for a 2.3, roll ok and designed for rocky/loose terrain. Will be run tubeless. Any thoughts? (And please don’t suggest High Rollers, we are not good bed fellows and this means I am a sh1t rider after posting about this previously (not denying I am sh1t but there’s more to this than tyres 😀 ))

chakaping
    Free Member

I used Rubber Queens with DH tubes last year for the PPdS myself, I’d be happy to give it a go on my 1-ply Minions tubeless though – if that helps?

this means I am a sh1t rider after posting about this previously

That makes me wonder, did GW get banned? Just realised I haven’t noticed him abusing anyone lately.

BoardinBob

did GW get banned?

Yes. Posted obscene images.

scud
    Free Member

Used 2.2 Black Chilli Rubber Queens (after taking out a mortgage for them) run tubeless last year with DH tubes in reserve and they were brill!

Trimix
    Free Member

I fitted large sticky DH tyres with thick inner tubes – they were so heavy I couldnt lift the front wheel while riding unless I yanked on the bars.

So for this year I will just use my normal tyres and ensure Ive enough air to avoid pinch flats. So perhaps 5psi more.

For the rest of the week on the DH runs I will just run as I do here, its only on the PPdS where there is opportunity for pinch flats due to hitting random rocks hard.

I think its less important what tyre, just what pressure. Use what your used to. Unless it rains you dont need something special.

Sticky tyres did stick to the roots well though

Del

+1 for ride what you’re used to. i recently came by an xr4 for the rear of my HT and am liking how tall they are = less chance of pinching in my book. for previous hols in morzine, verbier and spain i’ve just used kenda nevegals and blue grooves same as UK and have survived.

igm

FR4 front, FR3 rear when I did it.

mossimus
    Free Member

Used Vert Pros last year, lost count of number of punctures I had. Went tubeless as soon as I got back to UK.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Just use what you run at home.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Much talk of PPDS, but one question needs answering…’ is closed to new replies.