Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • MTB'ers in being ignorant twits rant
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Last night of our holiday at South Penquite Farm campsite in Cornwall, need a good nights sleep for the 350+ mile trip home.
    5 blokes in their mid to late 20’s, decent bikes on their car racks decide that drinking and being bloody loud, with salty language is perfectly acceptable at 3am!
    Needless to say I ended up climbing out of bed to have words, loud drunken ‘conversations’ about all the women they’ve slept with really isn’t acceptable right next to a young woman camping on her own with 4 kids under 6, she was wasn’t happy this morning.
    Thoughtless prats.

jam-bo

What have the mtb’s got to do with it? Would you have posted if they had surfboards instead.

Anyway, just get her to get the kids playing loud at 6am, that’ll be revenge enough…

jam-bo

Ps. This is why I avoid Cornwall between the end of July and beginning of September.

Drac

Maybe she’s not happy as she’s camping, no one is happy about that.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I was tempted to round up all the kids and arm them with camping pans and ladles & let them play tunes outside the bunkhouse they were in :twisted:. By all means enjoy a drink, bit sound travels at night. I was on the other side of the field & could hear every word.

jam-bo

Earplugs were invented for camping. You can’t pick your campsite neighbours…

muddydwarf
    Free Member

No problem with a bit of noise, kids are running around til late on that site, but 3am is WAY beyond acceptable to be making noise.

chainslapp
    Free Member

You can’t pick your campsite neighbours…

No, but your neighbours could show consideration for others at 3am…..

jam-bo

I bet they had a dog too…

muddydwarf
    Free Member

No dogs allowed on site, its a working farm.

legend
    Free Member

So just to confirm, the problem is talking loudly at a time that didn’t suit you? Is this your first time camping?

hora
    Free Member

I imagine with 4kids under 6 she probably lives in a giant shoe back home
    Salty language? Like pirate talk? Was there lots of tails about boarding, sea shanty’s and rum?

wallop

“Oooh, did you like that shade of pink on that Himalayan?”

muddydwarf
    Free Member

The problem,was extremely loud & drunken behaviour at 3am in the morning on a campsite where people are trying to sleep. Waking up young kids with loud conversations about sexual acts that the mother would much rather they didn’t hear.
    For my part, its being kept awake by oafish & inconsiderate cretins when I’m facing a day of travel up the A30/M5/M6/M62 on a busy day.
    They shut up after we had ‘words’ but I really shouldn’t have to get out of bed at 3am because of other peoples cretinism.
    The campsite does have rules about considerate behaviour and its the first time in 6 visits we’ve had problems.
    They weren’t kids either, old enough to know better.

kerley
    Free Member

aracer
    Free Member

Dicks being dicks. Some dicks ride bikes.

BoardinBob

Lads

RobHilton
    Free Member

Are those awesome ducks still there?

taxi25
    Free Member

No problem with a bit of noise, kids are running around til late on that site, but 3am is WAY beyond acceptable to be making noise.

Your right it isn’t, not sure why some people think it’s ok 😕 Perhaps it’s how they behave themselves.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Hmm salty language early in the morning and shrinking kids all day. Thank God I can afford a hotel.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Rob, still plenty of ducks, and bloomin’ turkeys!
    Rooney the huge ginger tomcat is still around, slept in our tent all week 😆

matt_outandabout

Dicks being dicks. Some dicks ride bikes.

This.

tomhoward

3am in the morning

At least it wasn’t 3pm in the morning…

They shut up after we had ‘words’

Have ‘words’ sooner next time?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

They weren’t onsite at 11pm when we went to sleep, MsD went to the loo at just gone midnight and they weren’t onsite then either.
    They obviously turned up in the very early hrs and started drinking, sat outside the bunkhouse only a few feet away from the ladies tent.
    Fine, you’ve travelled down late and fancy a beer, but making a load of noise isn’t on. It must have been a good 40 minutes before I’d had enough & got up to address the problem.

globalti
    Free Member

The OP is absolutely right, noise of any kind after 10pm in any campsite is rude, selfish and oafish. People who inconvenience or disturb others are thoughtless and probably cretins as well.

slowoldman

Agree with globalti. Camping has become a real pain due to arses like this. It’a about time the owners of sites took some responsibility.

matt_outandabout

Why camp on sites? Camping is for peace out in the hills, away from the riff-raff and chavs…

singlespeedstu

I really am struggling to feel even the slightest outrage.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

So just to confirm, the problem is talking loudly at a time that didn’t suit you? Is this your first time camping?

Are the words, ‘respect for others’ something you’ve actually heard of?

bone_idle
    Free Member

Group of lads on a biking holiday(nice bikes you say) acceptable then, go out for a few beers after a great day riding and stay up chatting crap, you go out nagging they all shut up and call it a night.

No everyone is on a family holiday and has had a bad day.

Just sayin and TV is crap tonight

TimothyD
    Free Member

Some of us have been brought up to think that other people are going to be asleep at 3am – ie to be considerate.

My favourite account of getting noisy campsite people to be quieter was from a guy with a strong Glaswegian accept, who put on a very fearsome voice when asking them to keep the noise down through their fly sheet, which made them quieten down.

I’ve been practising sounding gruff and. Glaswegian in case I feel I have to bluff it through somebody’s fly sheet.

My natural voice is quite high pitched and Yorkshire, they’d not link the two if they emerged from their tent to investigate. 😉

TimothyD
    Free Member

Speaking for myself, I’d probably be thinking about being quiet somewhere between around 10pm to 11pm

fourbanger
    Free Member

They shut up after we had ‘words’

What words did you have, in case I’m ever faced with a similar predicament?

flap_jack
    Free Member

We had something similar at South Penquite a few years ago. Not sure why folk go to a really rural quiet spot then to make a load of noise…

PrinceJohn

Clearly they didn’t do enough laps @ Cardinham or have much fun with ze ladiezzzz else they would’ve all been out for the count by 3am

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

More importantly, what were the bikes? That’ll allow me to make judgement on the group.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘MTB'ers in being ignorant twits rant’ is closed to new replies.