• This topic has 25 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • MTB skills course near Bristol?
  • transapp
    Free Member

Does anyone have any experiance of anyone near to Bristol?

I would go to Jedi if he were closer, and failing finding some one closer, I’ll probably still travel.

Cheers

flatfish
    Free Member

Depends what you want to learn.

RobHilton
    Free Member

It’d be worth the trip to Herts; I’ve done much longer journeys for a few hours ride.

Depends what you want to learn.

MTB skilss

and speling :mrgreen:

transapp
    Free Member

Ok, so I’m a pretty competent rider, however a lot of my riding has been on long, bridal way type rides or very slow, technical descents so I’m looking to get some more speed into my riding, get a bit more air (so I’m hitting things faster with more confidence) using berms properly, taking dropins and not rolling everything.
    Dooes that make sense?

Rob Hilton – yeah ok…..

SaxonRider

If you’re willing to cross the bridge into Wales, I’ll teach ya’. I mean, how hard can it be? 😀

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Bristol Mountain Biking cllub was running one this weekend.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

If SaxonRiders offer doesn’t tempt you 😉 but you do make it over the bridge then – http://www.forestfreeride.co.uk

5AM
    Free Member

Make the trip to Jedi, it’s 100% worth it.

I’ve been twice now and will go again when I am ready to step up another level in my riding.

toys19
    Free Member

Go and see Jedi.He will get you doing stuff you never thought possible, and he is passionate and cares about his customers you get the best possible learning experience.

Ringo
    Free Member

What toys says worth the drive 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

Another +1 for Jedi. Took a while for all the stuff he taught to sink in but now it has and I’m riding so much better.

cheers_drive

I went to Woburn from Bristol with 2 others for a Jedi lesson and it was well worth it.
    Having said that I wish there was someone of a similar standard around the Mendips, Quantocks or South Wales.

SaxonRider

In order to balance the jedi commendations (and I appreciate he throws in a bit of lightsabre practice), I will second still_s8tannorm’s suggestion of

Forestfreeride (written in bold in the interest of fairness) 😉

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

I read some of the appreciation letters on Forestfreeride, and one of the girls wrote:

‘I’ve been jumping sleeping policemen & shopping trolley-ing anything I can on my way to work all week’

Can anyone enlighten me to what ‘shopping trolley-ing’ is?

splashdown
    Free Member

Hop in your car and go to Jedi.

Worth every penny 🙂

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Can anyone enlighten me to what ‘shopping trolley-ing’ is?

The action you’d use to push a shopping trolley across a carpark is very much like the action used to to lift your front wheel onto or over something, eg log, drainage ditch, etc 😉

SOAP
    Free Member

^? You must push your shopping trolley in a strange manor 😉

Trekster

Pawsy_Bear – Member
    Bristol Mountain Biking cllub was running one this weekend

And coach Clive got his bikes stolen 🙄

Clive Forth
    Shocking morning, here in Bristol, woke up to find an empty garage, 3 bikes stolen including my lovely (and rare) Transition Bandit. Green frame, Fox fork, Gravity dropper etc etc. Also robbed from the garage was an xs Giant Anthem xc and a Trek Fuel. Please keep you eye out folks. That’s just taken the edge off a fantastic weekend teaching members of the Bristol Mountain Bike Club.

http://www.mtbskills.co.uk/mtbskills/home.html

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

You must push your shopping trolley in a strange manor

I should point out Geoff that your shopping trolley is empty at the time and you’re letting go of it … imagine you can’t be arsed walking it back to the trolley park or perhaps you were trying to use it to skittle an old dear 😉

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Jedi! I’ve travelled down a few times from Cheltenham and well worth it.

jedi

thanks for the recommend guys 🙂

jedi

the trolley huck was something we used to describes hucks/drops back in the day. same movement as unweighting the front end to stop lifting/pulling

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Trekster – yeah just seen on the forum. Bloody shame there is a lot of it about.

slowrider
    Free Member

I’ve been to forestfreeride and Jedi/ ukbikeskills.

My recommendation would be Jedi.

jedi

kind words slowrider

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘MTB skills course near Bristol?’ is closed to new replies.