• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by ART.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • MTB & Road Riding in "Soller" Majorca anyone been?
  • EhWhoMe

Lookin at going and want to get a few days in on the bike, either road or Mtb. Anyone been/any good ? suggestions routes on gpx very welcome.

Ta..

martinh
    Free Member

http://www.tramuntanatours.com/

Pop into their shop in Soller and I’m sure they’ll help you find some routes. MTB is often steep and rocky, road is just steep

EhWhoMe

Thanks Martin looks like a good shop, decent hire bike by the look of it Ta..

beanum

I was there last year and wasn’t able to get onto a mountain bike tour (there need to be other people interested at the same time to make it worth his while).
    I hired a Cannondale road bike and did a 60km tour down the coast through Deia, Valdemossa then back around to Porto Soller. It was very scenic, but tough, mainly because it was the first time I’d been on a proper road bike and also because bikes aren’t allowed in the tunnel to Soller, you have to go over the col…

j3ffo
    Free Member

I was there this time last year. Tramuntana tours is the place to visit. I was a bit dissapointed that there were no group rides going on I could join but they showed me some routes on a map. Did some riding by myself and overall I found the riding pretty enjoyable (MTB). Definately quite rocky and I loved Soller. Am looking forward to going back again.

EhWhoMe

Just what i wanted to here.. 😆

garmin connect has come up with a few routes that look good .

coopersport1
    Free Member

Some most excellent road riding and the off-road looked good too. Did a 10 day training camp in March out of Pollenca just over the mountain from Soller was very very good. Can reccommed decending Sacollabra then turning round and climbing back up! 😉 Best descent/climb on the island.
    They’re also fully geared up for riders both road and mtb.

Email me next week when I’m back from SITS and I can give you a weeks worth of GPX road routes around the island.

corroded
    Free Member

Yes, as above, great place, great riding on or off road (for example along the mountains to Valldemossa or Lluc). Enjoy.

ART

Not ridden, but have walked there many moons ago and scrambled up and down some great tracks, in the mountains behind the town and along the coast. Remember one particularly good ‘monks path’, cobbled track that went high up to the col past some particularly long horned cows 😯 that would have made a fantastic descent. Scoot down to the port for ice cream on the beach, nice.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘MTB & Road Riding in "Soller" Majorca anyone been?’ is closed to new replies.