Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • MTB Jerseys, what do you recommend?
  • Stevelol
    Free Member

Bit of a zzz post but maybe others will find it useful.

I’m looking for a few new riding tops, I currently have an Endura MT500 Burner and Endura Cairn, these fit great and are cool enough/durable, but they look so bloody boring! Why is everything by Endura black or mankey grey?

Can anyone recommend some decent (long or short sleeve) jerseys that have decent wicking fabric, are durable, not tight (roadies lol) and have a bit of colour on?

For example, this is a nice one
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=78048

weeksy
    yunki
    Free Member

ebay search ‘vintage cycling jerseys’ there’s usually about 20 pages to choose from..

thepurist

Sports Direct, 7 quid a pop, orange, red, blue…

djflexure

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=59540

If you are small the yellow and purple is cool (IMO)

Really nice to ride in

almightydutch
    Free Member

I’m with Weeksy on the MX tops. Not highly wicking but plenty of variation available.

andermt
    Free Member

If you like the fit of Endura then what about the Hummvee, available in red or green, as well as black or white.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=40068

Stevelol
    Free Member

Cheers for the suggestions guys, I’m a large so that yellow/purple top won’t fit, looks cool though 😀

Not a fan of those MX tops, need something that’s properly wicking and they’re a bit too DUDDEE for me 😀

Don’t know why I didn’t think of the Hummvee, red one has gone on the list 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

I have a load of Helly Hansen base layers I wear as jerseys in summer and as base layers when it’s colder. I also have some “proper” cycling jerseys (Planet-X/OnOne and BMC) that are worn both on and offroad and some slightly more tight ones that are road only. In terms of “bang for buck” the Helly Hansen were a bargain for 6 quid each at Bicester Village.

AndyP
    Free Member

Not tight, and a bit of colour? What you appear to be looking for is called a ‘Mumu’, not a ‘jersey’.

Tom83

I’ve got a few fox ones, nicely made and available in brighter colours. Try stif.co.uk.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Get a footy top, you get more points for retro, and foreign team. You lose points if it is a Man United one.

rootes1

I like the Groundeffect Merino ones..

not had any issues with mine though a chap on here said they they went thin but that seemed to be due to backpack rubbing..

I generally don’t ride with a pack so not something I have noticed.

comfy, high neck for sun protection and decent zipped pockets

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘MTB Jerseys, what do you recommend?’ is closed to new replies.