• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by csb.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • MTB in Hong Kong
  • Richyb
    Free Member

Going on business next week but was hoping to fit a days biking in.

Ive contacted cross country hk about hiring some bikes and some guiding, and ive been looking on here HKMBA at some routes.

Anyone any experience/advice?

enfht
    Free Member

Way too humid, you’ll literally melt.

Just stick to the titty bars and enjoy yourself, I did !! 😀

Richyb
    Free Member

Yeah It is humid, Ive been a few times. Just fancied checkin out the riding, looks/sounds good on those sites.

Trimix
    Free Member

I used to live there, unless your going in the winter or early spring you will melt. Find something else to do.

Travis

come up to BJ and I’ll guide you round some good routes (Olympic course as well if you want)

csb

Get yourself up to the abandoned villages north of Tai Po. At least they used to be abandoned when I was there 12 years ago – probably skyscrapers now. Some nice little trails up there but mind the snakes.

GDRS

Agree about the snakes Chris.

I used to like Chi Ma Wan – but as Martin and Sue lived right under the trail it was hard to beat.

G

loughor
    Free Member

Richy
    I live in HK, and whilst the humidity and temp are awful the trails are superb at the mo’. If you can handle the odd snake, which get out of your way, and spiders the size of 29er rims, then drop me an e-mail, I’ll be happy to show you Lantau. Can borrow one of my bikes, or I can arrange a rental. E-mail is user name at hotmail dot com
    Jon

Richyb
    Free Member

Thanks Jon, lookin at the weather forecast I think we’re gonna give it a miss this time, but we come over fairly regularly (usually sept/oct) so i’ll be in touch next time we’re over if that’s ok?

Thanks again

csb

Hello Guy, long time no see. Never forget that ride on Lantau when you had the yellow Klein Mantra and we we’re all on rigids. Not many rides where you start on a ferry eating noodles. Now it’s all trail centres and childcare (not mine as yet). All well I trust?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘MTB in Hong Kong’ is closed to new replies.