Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • MTB Holiday Recommendations?
  • shooterman

I’m thinking of treating myself to an mtb holiday in Spring 2012. Can anyone recommend a destination and / or an operator?

desboy3
    Free Member

Can’t recommend Joyriders highly enough. Went here over Easter 2011 and had a blast! Check this for an idea of just a little of what to expect! Dust and summer

shooterman

Thanks. Nice vid too.

JakeDaSilva
    Free Member

Morocco is amazing, speak to Simon at Freeridemorocco.com

jedi

i’ll be looking at somewhere new next year. its always canada or chamonix.

🙂

huggybear
    Free Member

See Molini Freeride website and links to ace video’s also Dirt mag article 108#. season runs April to November .

rkk01
    Free Member

There was a thread about this…. 🙄

johnners
    Free Member

AQR in the Pyrenees, Bike Village in the Alps, and Ciclo Montana in Spain. I don’t like the idea of going back to the same place when there are so many places I’ve never been, but they’ve all had repeat business from me.

And try a Forum search to find a few more recommendations, this subject has come up a few times recently.

chakaping
    Free Member

Spain or Italy look good for spring, although you may wish to seek feedback on the forum before booking with a Spanish operator – apparently standards are variable.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

My one and only MTB holiday was with Joyriders in June last year and they get the thumbs up from me. Friendly people, great trails, excellent accommodation etc.

steviep
    Free Member

Another vote for AQR and bike village, fabulous holidays with both and both had repeat business too.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Morocco with cycle active awesome holiday worth every penny. Spain, sierra cycling i would give a miss.

ricardo666
    Free Member

Bike Bulgaria…Cracking time

ricardo666
    Free Member

Leku
    Free Member

Just back from Molini (washed the dust of the bike this morning). Truly excellent. Trails amazing (51km in one day with 3.5km of descent). Food amazing (pasta, rabbit, wild boar).

Already talking about booking next year.

Mackem

http://www.basquemtb.com

I’m biased cos it’s where I live. Just look at the pics and videos, they speak for themselves I think.

sok

If you’re looking at spring, AQR are in Portugal in March.

nasher
    Free Member

Hey Leku

I think that was 3.5km of ascent!!!!!

Glad you all had a great time and would be great to see you again in 2012.

The crew at Rivierabike

trailmonkey

just wait a month or two and go to the alps.

wl
    Free Member

Wait til May/June time and use Bike Verbier – amazing hols with unbelievably good trails to suit pretty much every level. Tons of good feedback about them on this forum, just do a search. Over the years I’ve spoken to loads of folk who’ve been to multiple destinations and the consensus always seems to be that nobody does it better.

trailmonkey

Over the years I’ve spoken to loads of folk who’ve been to multiple destinations and the consensus always seems to be that nobody does it better.

hard to argue with that, bv are superb in every regard. having been to the whiteroom this year though i’d say there’s not much between the two of them.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘MTB Holiday Recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.