Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • M&S Renewals…cheeky monkeys
  • whytetrash

Hi all renewal for house insurance arrives M&S after £320, heard on here that you get a cheaper quote of them online…yep £230 quoted for same cover…do I have to go through the faff of cancelling old policy and starting new one..or can I ring up and get em to price match?

thebunk

If you cancel and buy it again through quidco you get an extra £50 cashback. Good incentive not to use renewals I reckon.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

+1 thebunk – although it took about 6 months for the cash back to come through.

hora
    Free Member

Same with ours. Daft. Our home insurer said the 50% cheaper price is to attract new business. I said (recorded) do you mind if I do the same ‘nope’. So did it.

DT78
    Free Member

Same, although my renewal had in fact tripled. I hate this where loyalty (or laziness) is actually punished. If there was a decent alternative to the cover M&S provide I would have changed over the principle of it.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

But they all do the same DT…

thebunk

I would have changed over the principle of it.

Show me an company that doesn’t rip off customers on contract renewals…

vinnyeh

Show me an company that doesn’t rip off customers on contract renewals…

or conversely, “Show me a company that doesn’t offer an introductory discount/sweetener.

I doubt their pricing model would work if they assumed that every customer took out a new policy at renewal.

DT78
    Free Member

True I suppose, it is interesting how insurance companies seem to work in this way, whereas retail are the opposite and try to retain custom with loyalty schemes. Must be as insurances are one-off type purchases.

Doesn’t mean its ethical though just because the others do it. Maybe one company needs to break rank and make a big publicity campaign out of it.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

DT78 – try Greenbee next time – they were underwritten by the same insurers as M&S last time I looked (might have changed now) and the cover was pretty similar.

Then swap back the next year. And repeat.

whytetrash

cheers Guys 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘M&S Renewals…cheeky monkeys’ is closed to new replies.