Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • MS Outlook Exchange
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

Is it always shit or just when its new and has just been set up?

We “upgraded“ to it at work today and everybody has had a nightmare with it. To top it off it looks like the director has been hacked.

bearnecessities

I love it, but then I’m just a user 🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

I’m just a user too but we are a small team so we know when everybody is having problems.

samuri
    Free Member

Works great for us.
    What problems are you having?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Jus speaking for myself here but emails don’t seem to have been copied over properly some havnt even come through, I can’t send any from my phone at the moment and on my laptop it says disconnected. It may just be teething problems as it all settles down but its not a good start.

Cougar

Sounds like it’s been set up by a gibbon someone inexperienced to me.

samuri
    Free Member

Don’t know about the phone issue but missing emails needed an outlook update for us when we upgraded. That’s outlook 2013.

Search ms for missing emails

Cougar

The phone thing probably needs push email / activesync enabling on the server.

joepose
    Free Member

It is a minefield to be honest. When it works you cannot beat it but when it doesnt its very frustrating.
    For the phones you will need to setup OWA (outlook web access).
    I had a nightmare with this and ended up paying £99 for Microsoft to fix it, took them 3 weeks and the guy eventually fixed it in his own time. Best £99 paid I spent as since then its worked flawlessly – well almost, we are running out of space now 🙂

Good luck

joepose
    Free Member

It is a minefield to be honest. When it works you cannot beat it but when it doesnt its very frustrating.
    For the phones you will need to setup OWA (outlook web access).
    I had a nightmare with this and ended up paying £99 for Microsoft to fix it, took them 3 weeks and the guy eventually fixed it in his own time. Best £99 paid I spent as since then its worked flawlessly – well almost, we are running out of space now 🙂

Good luck

jamj1974

Exchange and Outlook are totally dependent on correct build and config. It sounds like the migration of mail from previous mail server to Exchange has been incomplete and the mobile component has been incorrectly configured to begin with.

It is a good (but not perfect) mail solution. It can work with very few issues.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘MS Outlook Exchange’ is closed to new replies.