• This topic has 113 replies, 48 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 114 total)
  • Mrs Thatcher Funeral parties,
  • project
    Free Member

One planned for liverpool on wednesday night along with other areas of the uk.

Is it moraly wrong to celebrate somebodies death in such a gratutious way, or in the year 2013 the way things are going to go for all politicians.

Discuss nicely

Kryton57

Wrong. A woman has died, have some respect.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I feel a bit sorry for these people. Can’t be very nice being that bitter for so

boabym

Dont agree personally with them,but residing in West Central Scotland feelings are running high at the moment.

Bregante

long

project
    Free Member

Trouble in trafalgar square last few hours and the football this afternoon,

Police sargent resigned for abusive tweets,

2 teachers dancing roubnd with placards,

Just what are they hoping to achieve.so very sad.

althepal

I don’t agree with them but can understand why folk still get het up about it after so long.

sofatester
    Free Member

I don’t agree with them but can understand why folk still get het up about it after so long.

This.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

long

Farewell? Aufedersein, Goodbye?

piemonster

I feel a bit sorry for these people. Can’t be very nice being that bitter for so long

This

Although I grew up somewhere largely unscathed (south east).

jimmy

How many of these people were old enough to be directly affected by her politics? I think it’s sad that there’s probably a lot of band wagon jumping going off, or maybe I’m just too young / unaffected / naive. Overall, this:

piemonster

A statement

Bregante

long

Farewell? Aufedersein, Goodbye?

Finishing thegreatapes sentence for him 🙂

shifter
    Free Member

Celebrating her losing power – fair enough, that’s politics, celebrating her death is very odd IMO.

yunki
    Free Member

A statement

exactly.. all this pompous reactionary respect for the dead stuff is very condescending and I think, quite shallow, regardless of the circumstances

I personally am starting to find it quite offensive.. very ghoulish

piemonster

How many of these people were old enough to be directly affected by her politics? I

We are all affected by her politics even today. We are where we are today as a result of what has happened in the past.

somafunk

I’m attending one up at a pub up in Ayrshire, amongst us we’ve talked about raising a glass to toast her demise for years so i’m not backing out now, quite looking forward to it actually.

richpips
    Free Member

I’ve done my best to avoid all this stuff the last few days.

But I will say all this post death hate is pussy.

If it upset you so much all these years, you’d have done something about it when she was alive.

bwaarp
    Free Member

I don’t like the revellers either but IMO she should be buried covertly at sea like Osama.

Perhaps around the Falklands.

ads678

Celebrating her losing power – fair enough, that’s politics, celebrating her death is very odd IMO.

+1

bigrich

playing devils advocate, isn’t it more a rejection of what she stood for and what that philosophy did?

WTF
    Free Member

boabym – Member

Dont agree personally with them,but residing in West Central Scotland feelings are running high at the moment.

Are they ?
    No more than anywhere else tbh.
    If you are gauging your opinion on the petty display in George Square then that is a very small majority I think.
    Would the public or police response to an impromptu celebration there of a Popes death be dealt with in a similar matter ?
    I don`t think so.

kimbers

I wonder how the families of the 3000+ disappeared under her buddy pinochet or the thousands more he tortured feel about her death? she helped block his extradition right up till his death

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/304516.stm

According to various reports and investigations 1,200–3,200 people were killed, up to 80,000 were interned, and up to 30,000 were tortured by his regime including women and children

she considered that a fair price to pay for bringing the free market to chile, then I doubt she lost any sleep over the communities she wrecked and lives she destroyed in her own country

party hard guys

rudebwoy
    Free Member

always good to get together with like minded folk and have a party– we may not have money but we do know how to enjoy ourselves–

scaredypants

I think mostly it’s a way of pissing-off current tories (and just maybe warning them that the same ultimate fate may await them if they dismantle the welfare state & NHS)

some of the things “she” did were genuinely hateful IMO

… but I won’t be partying

rudebwoy
    Free Member

if you don’t know why people feel this way–you either haven’t been paying much attention or are not in touch with working class people

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

I can understand some people feeling the need to celebrate – miners or steel workers chucked on the scrap heap because of Thatcher’s policies (though if she hadn’t done it someone else would have).

But most / many of the people celebrating shown in the media (tv news etc) are clearly too young to have been affected by, or remember, the Thatcher era. They could do with a good long look in the mirror.

yunki
    Free Member

always good to get together with like minded folk and have a party– we may not have money but we do know how to enjoy ourselves–

bang on sunbeam.. and there’s rarely a more poignant and emotive time than a funeral..

It’s very healthy to experience your emotions positively, and if I remember correctly, a celebration is an extremely positive thing no..?

fubar
    Free Member

Fair game to me (not that I’ll be joining in)…just as crass as slapping up a statue in her honour

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Not necessarily rudebwoy. Lots of people who disagree with/”suffered under” Thatcher still know how to behave with respect and dignity.

The only “impressive” (sic) thing will be the stamina of those old enough to have experienced that period to party into the night. Not much else.

yunki
    Free Member

Lots of people who disagree with/”suffered under” Thatcher still know how to behave with respect and dignity.

But do they know why they’re behaving with respect and dignity..?
    Do you know why you will behave with respect and dignity..?

hoodie
    Free Member

Imho, Thatchers death and subsequent eulogies from current tories, only serves to stoke current anger at austerity Britain. Same party after all. It can’t be good for the condemns. Mind u they never had these votes, I suppose they regard them as unimportant. They are people though. Shame really.
    Edit to say Thatcher was only human too. She did what she thought was in the countries good. Who is to say she shouldnt having made the effort to get to influencing power.

althepal

I’ve driven through a few old mining towns- down in Ayrshire, Fife etc..
    Places that still bear the scars of almost all the working men being unemployed at the same time with no other major employer nearby.
    Thatcher waged an uncompromising economic war against the poor folk whose only fault was being born in a pit town.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

??? Because they understand/possess both???

yunki
    Free Member

so you don’t know..?

It’s just because well, because that’s what you’re supposed to do..?

oldgit
    Free Member

Not sure what celebrating her death will achieve.
    It’ll change nothing
    And she still has living family.
    I quick drink on your own maybe, but an organised party! what’s next on the pop up rebel calender?

piemonster

Tony Blair is on the long term plan

thegreatape
    Free Member

Finishing thegreatapes sentence for him

Obliged

richpips
    Free Member

Tony Blair is on the long term plan

Ooh you are going to bitch about him on the internet when he’s dead?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

how do you show ‘dignity and respect’ for someone who never showed you any, any case the wider picture is being re-played here– people are expressing their contempt for a system that has sought to crush us at every opportunity whilst enriching them selves and their lap dogs….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 114 total)

The topic ‘Mrs Thatcher Funeral parties,’ is closed to new replies.