Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • MRP Ramp control – Real world reviews
  • russyh
    Free Member

Hi Folks,
    Just wondered if anyone had any real world feedback on the MRP ramp control yet? I like the idea of it being a constant fettler of forks. But given its £130 price i would be interested to hear real world experience and benefits over and above a big spanner and a pocket load of tokens?

Cheers

jairaj

If I have understood correctly it’s just a better engineered volume reducing system to the token/spacer system most manufacturers are going for.

I’m sure its well made, but for £130, it’s hard for me to justify the MRP Ramp control over using tokens and a dremel to fine tune the volume reduction.

chiefgrooveguru

If I have understood correctly it’s just a better engineered volume reducing system to the token/spacer system…

It isn’t. The volume reduction is shaft speed sensitive. It’s rather clever but I don’t think it offers sufficient volume reduction for a lot of riders.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Interested in this too…Wondering if this will sort my divey pikes out, or better off with the fast upgrade.

russyh
    Free Member

There has been a thread about it I believe on here, but yet to hear about any first hand experiences. I am just about to push the button on a pair of 36’s now mind

Goldigger
    Free Member

Just had a chat with TFTuned, the MRP is effectively a volume spacer with on the fly adjustment. But it’s also speed sensitive, there is a valve that the air travels through. small bumps shouldn’t be effected and big hits will be ramped up harder as the air can’t migrate through the valve quickly.

chiefgrooveguru

It looks like the Vorsprung Luftkappe would be a better upgrade for most Pike owners.

STATO
    Free Member

Just had a chat with TFTuned, the MRP is effectively a volume spacer with on the fly adjustment. But it’s also speed sensitive, there is a valve that the air travels through.

It depends how you use your volume reducers.
    Use them to stop bottoming out? Ramp is for you.
    Use them to change the feel in the mid travel? Ramp is probably not for you.

Here is the other thread

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘MRP Ramp control – Real world reviews’ is closed to new replies.