Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Moving to London
  • pk-ripper
    Free Member

surbiton for me. great for london, great for getting out into the countryside, and still expensive enough to keep most of the riff-raff out.

ibnchris

fetish london eh? Not sure I can offer you that but I think you might find that up the road in Muswell hill…

if you want any more info on the flat drop me an email

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Suburbiton – suburban hell IMO.

I'd rather be right in the city or right out in the countryside – "halfway" places make me want to puke.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

good job you're not there then – if you puke around the place then you wouldn't be wanted.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Look at the distance to work and the distance to the Dorking train line. Tooting would be quite good location. Not fare to SB and not far to get on the Dorking / London line plus not bad price wise.

Also regarding cycling in London don't be too proud to do some cycle training, you could be a cycling god off road / BMX e.t.c but cycling in heavy traffic is very different and many people do so very poorly. Modern cycle training is not like cycling proficiency. Being a good cyclist in traffic is not to do with being a master of bike control / speed just like being a good driver on the road has little to do with being a master of drifting.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Must be some good urban freeride in that london

TheBrick
    Free Member

"urban freeride" is that the new marketing mans term for street riding?

ooOOoo
    Free Member

steps, kerbs, wall rides, interesting obstacles….all the things that would make a hardtail with fat slicks a good choice

TheBrick
    Free Member

So yes is the answer you are looking for.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

"great views of the City and Thames, pretty quiet"

When was that then? When I have visited that great dump of noisey, filthy, horrible place there has been the constant drone of aircraft, sirens, and traffic in general… oh then theres the black bogies.

If you can't tell I never have fancied London, although I know plenty of people who moved their for jobs in their 20's and now in their 30's they want to get out!

packer
    Free Member

Living on your own in london is very expensive when you consider all the bills as well as rent. House share is definitely the way to go. Search on moveflat or gumtree. Anywhere near a decent rail line to get out of town for riding.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Moving to London’ is closed to new replies.