Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • moving to campbeltown!
  • westcoastmassive
    Free Member

So im moving to Campbeltown from Islay at the end of March, is there anyone on here from down there and if so can you tell me where to go riding please. I know there is a loop in the wood behind the town (ben gullean?) which looks like a bit of fun, but is there anything else besides. Anything more brutal? Ive got a downhill-build 06 enduro and a well built cotic bfe, that should tell you the kind of riding im into haha. Ive also got a mental 14 year old who has mad skills and a 66 patriot, are there any groups of kids that age in south argyll who he could go descending with? Cant believe im going to have to leave my port ellen downhill tracks behind me for hebridean to play on!

coastkid
    Free Member

Not brutal but xc easy is the Kyntyre Way,

http://coastkid.blogspot.co.uk/2010/07/biking-kintyre-way.html

Maybe you have to adjust bike line up to suit the local terrain? 🙂

matt_outandabout

Man, Campbeltown is a loooong way from anywhere…

westcoastmassive
    Free Member

Matt, it doesnt feel that remote when youre moving to it from Islay. Compared to living on an island and being at the meercy of the ferries, Campbeltown feels like a suburb of Glasgow! Plus the job I got offered rocks, couldn`t resist it.

And I aint adjusting my bike line-up, or my riding style. If theres nothing round there that suits me ill just go somewhere off the radar and build myself something haha, theres tonnes of fireroads up in those hills to cut tracks inbetween. Doesnt really matter where you go these days though, some local kids always seem to have smashed out something worth riding and worth helping out with. Ill just need to go and seek it out and poach it! 😉

westcoastmassive
    Free Member

coastkid, that was a nice review of your trip down there, some good pictures. im looking forward to exploring the whole peninsula, looks like my roadbike will be racking up the miles as much as my off-roaders!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘moving to campbeltown!’ is closed to new replies.