Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Mouse in the mancave
  • fanatic278
    Free Member

Despite being told not to on a previous occasion, my better half left a bulk bag of bird seed on the garage floor. After coming back from holiday I found a mouse had helped itself and made a nest under my windsurfing sails. Thankfully it hasn’t chewed my sails. The mouse has run out into the garden, but imagine it will be back. Two questions:

1) is this likely to be the only mouse?
    2) how do I catch it?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Get a cat or some mouse traps.

jekkyl

bog standard 2 quid traps from local hardware store, get like 3 or 4, put some peanut butter inside the end of an old pair of your wifes tights (or yours if you’re that way inclined) tie it off and tack it on the trap. The tights trap their teeth or summit but they love peanut butter. I’ve caught many this way in the past.

fanatic278
    Free Member

Thanks Jekkyl. Just to be clear, is it just a small pea sized parcel of peanut butter in the tights? Or a big glob?

jekkyl

when I’ve done it it’s been just a small pea sized blob.

nosedive
    Free Member

I had this, mouse didnt come back once all the food had been removed.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

It’s probably just a baby Rat.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Shirley it’s a baby Robin?

It is bird seed after all.

fanatic278
    Free Member

Four traps now set with peanut butter goodness. The wife doesn’t wear tights (nor I) , so just had to go with a small dollop.

I’ll bring in the decapitated corpse to show the wife. That’ll remind her not to keep bird seed on the floor in future 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

We’ve been trying to catch one for a month 🙁

In the past we have had success with peanut butter and cheap traps but not this time. Have been told it’s important to load the traps with rubber gloves as they can smell yoir scent and less likely to nibble. Even if you catch one it’s worth reloading as usually there is more than one especially with a great food supply like that. Good luck.

Joe

I rather like little mice.

Bregante

Now you see I misread mancave for microwave… but I still opened the thread.

I worry myself sometimes.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I found the best bait was a little piece of a Bounty chocolate bar. The fussy little bastards wouldn’t touch anything else.

I’m sure there’s a mouse/pirate based joke there somewhere.

molgrips
    Free Member

Mouse in the Mancave? Aren’t they the most controversial new band of 2016?

MoreCashThanDash

{quote]I’ll bring in the decapitated corpse to show the wife. That’ll remind her not to keep bird seed on the floor in future [/quote]

You are a cat and I claim my £5!

DaveRambo

I’ve had mice in the garage and the snap traps – proper old school – are the best.I bait with peanut butter but chocolate and cheese equally work.

I kept them baited until Icaught none for a couple of weeks then put down a sonic repellent thing.

Worked for a while until I turned it off and left a clif bar on the workbench…

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Mouse in the Mancave? Aren’t they the most controversial new band of 2016?

Like ‘Pet Shop Boys’ for the Millennials?

I have a theory that things get more crass as time progresses.

By 2030s it’ll be ‘Rats In The Rectum’

fanatic278
    Free Member

Well, peanut butter and four old-school traps have worked like a charm. Three dead mice and counting. I invited the wife to inspect the corpses. The kids were oddly enthusiastic about looking at the the squished critters.

jekkyl

excellent fanatic. Glad you got it sorted.

tom200

Good excuse for a new torch and an air rifle, spend an evening staliking it out.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Mouse in the mancave’ is closed to new replies.