Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 151 total)
  • Mountain Mayhem 2016 roll call
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

As it’s only 10 days away I thought I’d fire up one of these.

I’ll be there riding solo for the 2nd time at Gatcombe Park.

I’ll be on either my KTM 29’er FS or KTM 29’er HT (spare bike) and will be getting there Friday afternoon.

Come say hello, I’ll be set up near the Godiva Trail Riders.

happybiker
    Free Member

Yes I’m in, doing my first solo. I had to double check the date, I thought it was the following weekend!

ollybus
    Free Member

I’m in. We’re a 4 man team by the name of Rule 5 racing. Really looking forward to it!

mikertroid
    Free Member

Yup I’ll be there. Ken Dodd’s Dad’s Dog’s Dead Hard.

Third solo and 8/9th(?) MM24. You’d think I’d learn.

Not sure what bike I’ll be on yet….! Will be either a Pinnacle, Genesis or Whyte HT in either 29, 26, or 27.5″ flavour respectively….

Aiming to be there early pm Friday.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Rule 20 will be there. Mixed team this year.

akira

Had mixed team of five, lost two to family issues and broken leg, got spare to fill in and now might be a four. Run of bad luck.

tang
    Free Member

I’ll be there from this weekend setting up. Had a ride through yesterday, it’s bone dry. Not looking at the weather forecast….

teamslug
    Free Member

I’m in. Second solo. 4th Mayhem including the one we don’t talk about. (” you weren’t there man!”). Getting there Friday morning. In a motorhome with Yorkshire flag. Riding bright orange Orbea Occam 29er. I’ll have a Team Longsac top on. Come say Hi….tang is the course the same as last year?.

steve_b77
    Free Member

tang – Member
    I’ll be there from this weekend setting up. Had a ride through yesterday, it’s bone dry. Not looking at the weather forecast….

I will then…………………… oh ohhh

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Does it still fill up these days?

My last one was the 1st year at Gatcombe, couldn’t justify driving that far for an average course.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Does it still fill up these days?

Don’t think so. No shortage of riders though, they just don’t all sell out on day one.

teamslug
    Free Member

I looked at getting a solo entry for a mate earlier this week and entry website says they have sold out. Good job really cos he can’t do it now anyway.

snownrock

First solo for me, 4th mayhem but first at gatcombe park. The memory of 2012 took a long time to shake. I’ll either be on an O-O scandal HT or a Whyte M109 FS.

really looking forward to it despite a niggling Achilles issue.

superstu
    Free Member

I’m going, last year had to miss out last minute as little Superstu was poorly. This year I’d been getting out a reasonable amount but then got shingles four weeks ago and it’s wiped me out, so expecting to drag our team waaaay down. I’m entering with a retro team so probably a 1989 Saracen Tufftrax but may bring a rigid inbred or Iroko for something plusher.

dazh

Signed up for soloing again, but less than motivated to be honest. Been struggling with a niggly back for 6 months on and off and a serious case of can’t-be-arsed-ness so haven’t put nearly as much effort into training that I should have. I’ll probably turn up, plod around until I get bored and then see what happens, it’ll either be a disaster or I’ll be pleasantly surprised. Probably the former 😀

pete68
    Free Member

We’re doing it as a mixed pair which will be interesting. Only ever soloed before. First time back since the 1st gatcombe one. Hoping the course is better now than it was then.

tang
    Free Member

I went and opened the gates yesterday.

Took delivery of event HQ etc. Pat is on site, he won’t leave until the entire place is clean a week on Monday.

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

pete68 – Member
    We’re doing it as a mixed pair which will be interesting. Only ever soloed before. First time back since the 1st gatcombe one. Hoping the course is better now than it was then.

Hopefully it’ll be pretty much the course they’ve used for the last couple, which I’ve really liked. I think it works well for a 24 hour.

Anyway, disasters aside I’ll be there in a mixed team of 5,and I’ll be riding my trusty Merida Big 9.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Hopefully it’ll be pretty much the course they’ve used for the last couple, which I’ve really liked. I think it works well for a 24 hour.

Very similar to the first year, but some of the tougher hills removed that the northerners couldn’t ride.

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

Haha, I don’t think rainmageddon helped with the climbability of a lot of it, but no-one was enjoying that cobbled climb!

snownrock

How is the solo/trackside camping? Will there likely be any left by early Friday afternoon?

tweedviper
    Free Member

tang – Member
    I’ll be there from this weekend setting up. Had a ride through yesterday, it’s bone dry. Not looking at the weather forecast…

Is the course going to be the same as last year or have you got some new routes?

TheSanityAssassin

I’ll be there as part of a mixed 5 from Huddersfield Star Wheelers this year.
    Hope the course is the same as the last 2 years as it’s/was bang on for a 24hr.

crezzy

I’ll be there 10man Retrobike team again,hope to stay sober enough to get a few laps in .10th year doing it this year .wondering if the big announcement regarding next year will be that it will be the last ?.i will be riding a 2007 Ltd edition orange clockwork ,also fetching my tsp wave chopper ( big green thing about 9ft long with 3 speed suicide shift ) jnr will be fetching his spesh fatboy jnr for the kids race

steve_b77
    Free Member

Don’t know why people take issue with the course, it’s not like you want a gnar fest for 24 hours as there’d be rather a lot of ambulance cases.

Personally I rather enjoy it.

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

Agreed!
    The blazing first few km really helps the morale aswell – it makes you keen to get back out!

5thElefant
    Free Member

I liked Sandwell 😀

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

Can you remember that far back?
    I did the first two there and I can’t remember the course at all!

5thElefant
    Free Member

I can remember it was flat. And one year there were two teenage army girls chanting “well done, nearly finished” for the full 24 hours. They’ll be middle aged now…

shadowrider
    Free Member

I’m in, 24hr solo. Never done one before so to prepare I’ve gone to Gran Canaria for a piss up. Off the plane next Friday then straight to mayhem, perfect.

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

Im 24hr solo aswell im in florida holidaying at the moment and getting married today,

I have been stocking up my body with energy (cough) for the race over here in preperation

anagallis_arvensis

can remember it was flat. And one year there were two teenage army girls chanting “well done, nearly finished” for the full 24 hours. They’ll be middle aged now…

Christ, I remember that!
    Trentham Gardens SITS was my fav course.

piesoup
    Free Member

My first solo MM this year. Rode the first year at Gatcombe in 2013 as a team of four.
    I rode to work a couple of times last week as preparation…

peteimpreza

Local weather update .

It’s been raining since Friday afternoon .

grtdkad

I’m in. Mixed team of five this year.
    My eleventh mayhem (2006-2016 inc)…and just hoping that the course is similar to the last couple of years as they’ve been just the right balance of fun / challenge for a 24hr.
    I think Vin Cox made the statement last year, “if it ain’t broke”

jonny-m
    Free Member

Weather looks ok at the moment for the weekend according to the BBC forecast.
    It’s quite a well draining course so all being well….
    But of rain/mud will make it interesting anyway!

steve_b77
    Free Member

peteimpreza – Member
    Local weather update .

It’s been raining since Friday afternoon .

letmetalktomark

I’ve just fitted my first tubeless tyres to my MM bike – A Racing Ralph and Thunderburt.

I’m not changing them so hoping for a dry weekend or it will be a weekend of drinking ……

coomber
    Free Member

I’ve hardly ridden for a month in preparation due to work and now I have an infected swollen elbow and am munching away at antibiotics in the hope it clears up in time.

Fully expect to drag my ten man team to the bottom of the standings 😆

beaker

I’m in as part of a team of four (Skynetters). Will be riding a Salsa Horsethief and walking up the hills if last year is anything to go by….

@Tang- Any updates on the course conditions?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 151 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Mayhem 2016 roll call’ is closed to new replies.