Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 151 total)
  • Mountain Mayhem 2016 roll call
  • grtdkad

@Tang

xcstu
    Free Member

Steve… No doubt will see you there! Team of 4 and a reunion from our first team outing over 10 years ago 😉

On the trusted Niner Air Rdo…

DaveRambo

I shall be there for my 9th year with Lightly Lubed riding as a mixed team of 5.
    Must be mad

tang
    Free Member

Day 1 done. It’s wet in the woods kids, fields are fine.

As for new bits, wait and see….

steve_b77
    Free Member

xcstu – Member
    Steve… No doubt will see you there! Team of 4 and a reunion from our first team outing over 10 years ago
    On the trusted Niner Air Rdo…

You sure will, feel free to give me a push when you sail past.

tang
    Free Member

I’ll be knocking about all over but peddling on a felt 29r with enve finishing kit, blue wheel decals. Say hi!

beaker

Thanks Tang…. Keep the pictures and updates coming!

coomber
    Free Member

I’m well excited. Missed last year’s with a knee op.

As above keep the updates coming.

tang
    Free Member

Today, new bits. Also previous good bits:
    Lakeside

PS Lots of horse flies

grtdkad

^^^ nice pic, love that section…

mikertroid
    Free Member

Think I’ll fit my mud tyres to my Alfine geared hardtail……

snownrock

Has gatcombe had the torrential rain overnight?

tang
    Free Member

No rain last night, couple of heavy showers yesterday. Nice this morning.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Sounds promising

teamslug
    Free Member

Maps / layout etc are on mayhem website

snownrock

Thanks tang. It’s not been too bad up here in Leeds but I was worried by the tales of woe on R4 this morning…. soft southerners

letmetalktomark

Well I’m convinced …. The Thunderburt stays 😈

tang
    Free Member

It’s been wet today but forecast looks good for race! Fingers crossed. It will be wet in the woods…

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Forecast seems to predict showers up until Friday evening, which doesn’t give much time to dry out. And it’s not going to be hot/sunny enough for anything to dry much.

I’ve packed my 2.0″ Dirty Dans and a pot of Sudocrem (I’m doing solo, so will need my nappy changing a lot)

TheSanityAssassin

I’m currently on Thunder Burts too, but picked up a new pair of Bonty Mud Xs on my way home today. Hopefully just an insurance policy – but it was a bit tasty at the first edition at Gatcombe the other year.

beaker

Better fit some mud tires then…. Thanks for the updates Tang!

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

If the weather forecast is to be believed I reckon (hope) it should dry out ok.
    In 2013 it dried out for the Sunday and it wasn’t sunny at all, it just stopped raining Saturday evening.

karlwoof
    Free Member

Heading down in a team of 4 – really looking forward to it.
    the forecast is looking up for the weekend too.

dazh

Quick question to Tang, how quick to we have to be off the site on Sunday? My Mrs who was going to be my support and driver whilst I soloed it has decided to go and see the Stone Roses instead so I’m doing an unsupported effort and getting a couple of hours kip in the van afterwards would seem to be a good idea.

mr_stru

dazh: You don’t need to leave till Monday morning. Some of us have to drive back to Scotland 🙂

peteimpreza

You have to be clear of the site by 9:30 am Monday morning .

digger95
    Free Member

@Dazh – I read Monday 9am to exit the campsite.

My first MM after doing sleepless about 6 years ago before I was into ‘biking. Team of 4 was down to 3 so two ladies doing some guest laps.

Training has gone really well. Started on Monday. Looking forward to a smooth team operation and some fun riding.

I’ll be on trusty Green O-o Scandal with black x-fusions (don’t confuse with snownrock)

dazh

Thanks all. Obviously I failed to read the emails. My Mrs will be very relieved that I won’t be attempting to drive back straight after. I wasn’t too keen on the idea either!

tang
    Free Member

Course finished today in some heavy rain. Weather nice now and looking good for the weekend. Don’t expect the dust of the last two years….

teamslug
    Free Member

Just pulled up nearby. Weather is cloudy but no rain.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Not looking so dry any more on Saturday, according to BBC weather 🙁

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2642452

piesoup
    Free Member

You sound surprised! Looks very moist now

letmetalktomark

Looks fine now.

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

Yeah, all clear according to the BBC.
    Who have a history of lying to me about the weather.
    So it will probably be biblical!

teamslug
    Free Member

All set up. Weather is fine. Actually seen the sun. Course thru campsite is wet but very firm. Bet it’s gonna be wet in woods though. Nice breeze blowing at mo to dry things out.

grahamh
    Free Member

Sorry solo’s, no jelly babies this year.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Chucked it down all night, no sun, lots of clouds and a bit of a wind. Deepest joy

gee
    Free Member

Well that was another amazing weekend at Gatcombe with the Pivot Boompods team and friends.

The weather was dry over the weekend but the heavy rain in the preceding week or so had left the course resembling plasticine in places. Mostly it was fine and fast, but some parts were tough going. There were 3 newly cut singletrack sections which were all brilliant, especially the new swoopy trail which joined onto the old red bull timed section. Superb fun. We also got to ride all of the Kenda Koffin descent as per the first year at Gatcombe. The last two years we’ve just done the bottom half so it was great to bomb down all of it again.

We started inauspiciously, following a decent first lap where I came through in the lead our second rider out had just made a break and then snapped his chain. Usually he carries a spare chain link but it had fallen off. Nightmare! He lost 15 minutes until a friendly rider gave him one. We spent the next 5 hours playing catch up and moved into the lead at about 6pm. Overnight we paired up and rode 3 single laps on/off in each pair. We pulled out a lead which was then closed down when our second pair went out between midnight and 4am. With the gap down to 4 minutes at one point, Big Al and I set about building a lead and within 2 laps we were back out to 15 minutes ahead. Some stunning laps from 24hr virgins Rich and Stu and of course stalwart Big Al late on stretched this to 22 minutes and all I had to do was roll round and take the win. Despite the best efforts of some very, very tired backmarkers to force me into a tree and later into the lake I made it and we won. Superb! Princess Anne was on hand to give out the trophies and even the ice cream van was nice.

An amazing event with superb infrastructure – I’ve never seen so many portaloos and showers!

GB

njee20
    Free Member

Mayhem victories are like buses eh?! Chapeau, well done.

shadowrider
    Free Member

Well done gee, I seemed to spend the whole 24 hours being passed by your team. The mud/velcro in the woods was pretty hard going after a while, I spent most of the dark hours suffering with cramp in muscles I didn’t know existed. Great event and some really good people, can’t wait til next year

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 151 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Mayhem 2016 roll call’ is closed to new replies.