Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Mountain Biking Survey – your help needed!
  • mtbsurvey
    Free Member

If you’re a keen mountain biker, I need your help to learn about your experiences and opinions of mountain bike access to the countryside in England and Wales.

• What are your riding preferences?
    • Do you want more places to ride your mountain bike?
    • What are your experiences of mountain biking at trail centres and on public rights of way?

If you’re passionate about mountain biking and can spare a few minutes to help with my research project please visit:

https://www.survey.leeds.ac.uk/mtbsurvey

The questionnaire only takes a few minutes to complete and your input will contribute to research that may help benefit access to the countryside for mountain biking. Your participation is greatly appreciated.

This survey is being conducted by Matt Fitzgerald as part of a MSc Public Rights of Way and Countryside Access Management degree course at Sheffield Hallam University.

The research project is investigating mountain bikers’ use and experiences of public rights of way (e.g. bridleways) and purpose built trail centres, and the implications this may have for improving both public rights of way networks and wider access to the countryside for mountain biking in England and Wales.

Please email mtbsurvey@gmail.com if you would like any further information.

unklehomered
    Free Member

done, Nice to get a survey asking good questions and with text areas for expanded answers.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Yep, done.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Done. +1 to unklehomered’s comments.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Done

boltonjon

Just doing it – good luck with your work

Onzadog
    Free Member

Done. When do we get to see the finished piece of work?

drifting_james
    Free Member

done

mikewsmith
    Free Member

done – first one I actually got to the end of with out getting p*ssed off, no questions about pointless crap!

poly
    Free Member

Are you only interested in responses from people living in England and Wales, or who ride regularly in England and Wales? Or would you be interested in responses from people in the enlightened North (who e.g. might be more inclined to ride in E&W if access laws were better etc).

pedalhead
    Free Member

Great survey. As mentioned above, the questions were relevant and thought-provoking. I was actually disappointed when I finished it! blimey, that’s a bit sad

unklehomered
    Free Member

I put this in the comments but when I put “neither agree nor disagree” it was actually “Both in equal measure” due to the variance in trail centres and PROW.

Onzadog
    Free Member

It was a well written survey. Inspired me to write something every time there was a comment box. I even put my name down for the focus group as I’m fairly local

Murray

Done. Well designed questionaire – brief and to the point.

IHN

Done, good questionnaire, even it it is for someone at *shivers* Hallam

IHN – graduate of the University of Sheffield, you know, the proper one 🙂

cakefacesmallblock

Questions from a guy clearly interested in some answers which will make sense for once. Happy to help and good luck Matt!

Stoner
    Free Member

first survey on here that didn’t read like a 12 year old or a Social Anthropologist had written it.

done.

mtbsurvey
    Free Member

Thanks for your input everbody, and the positive comments.

If you live in Scotland please feel free to complete the questionnaire but bear in mind that your responses should be based on your experiences of mountain biking in England and Wales due to the different access laws.

The project should be finished by early September. Please email me at mtbsurvey@gmail.com if you are interested in seeing the completed dissertation.

mattjg
    Free Member

Done. Best wishes for your dissertation.

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

Done – well constructed survey

Duggan

Finished, good luck with it!

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Done. Well composed and logical survey (at last!) Best of luck with the research.

tommid
    Free Member

Done

RustySpanner

Done.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Just about to do it. first comment though:

Trail centres = purpose built mountain bike trail centres (e.g. Dalby Forest, Coed y Brenin, Thetford Forest)

thetford may have purpose built trails, but its not a trail-centre per se, there’ve been brilliant trails there long before the concept existed. Minor detail…

ir_bandito
    Free Member

And done. Good thought-provoking survey, hope my comments are useful.

smoothchicken

All done, good survey with sensible questions. Would be great if you can share the findings when you’ve completed the MSc.

portlyone

Done. Mirror the previous thoughts on quality of the questions, good luck.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

first survey on here that didn’t read like a 12 year old or a Social Anthropologist had written it.

+1

thetford may have purpose built trails, but its not a trail-centre per se, there’ve been brilliant trails there long before the concept existed. Minor detail…

I wondered about that, probably 50% of my riding is arround Guisborough, which is technicaly a trail center, but I probably spend less than a mile on the waymarked singletrack so I just set it to 40% ‘other’ and 10% trail center.

mtbsurvey
    Free Member

Thank you everybody for your participation – it is much appreciated, the response has been overwhelming.

If you have yet to complete it, the survey will close tomorrow at midnight, so I would be grateful if you could do so before then.

Thank you all for your input and support.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Biking Survey – your help needed!’ is closed to new replies.