Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • mountain biking Machynlleth?
  • nathaneddy
    Free Member

Looks like there are some good local trails.
    Any tips?
    I’ll ask in the bike shop too.

neilc1881
    Free Member

The Mach 1,2,3 routes are your ‘traditional’ xc loops, ClimachX for the trail centre feel. Though there has been a lot of forestry work in the area recently, checking in the shop is a good idea. If you can get some maps to the Dyfi enduro there are some cracking descents hidden away from the crowds of Coed y Brenin.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Oooh, memories of hippy school (Masters at CAT several years ago).

The riding is loads of fun, used to do the ClimachX quite a bit since it was on the door step, and some of the natural trails too – but can’t recall the details now. Good riding though!

I seem to recall some of the Mach 1, 2, 3 options being terminally dull mind…..

wrecker
    Free Member

Climachx descent is pretty damn good.

nathaneddy
    Free Member

thanks.

chvck
    Free Member

Mach 3 might have some snow on it. Was around part of the trail in the hills last weekend and had to get off and walk quite a lot but it may have melted by now. I’ve heard the Mach 2 is ok though and I imagine the climachx is too.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

In all honesty the best stuff around Mach’ isn’t waymarked but isn’t that hard to find. Get yourself a copy of OS OL23 and explore.

nathaneddy
    Free Member

Have one. Sounds promising.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Ride the ClimachX!!!!

nathaneddy
    Free Member
    takisawa2

MachX used to be the longest downhill in Wales (or some claim to that effect).

Regardless it’s a brilliant bit of trail.

singletrackbiker
    Free Member

Ride the Climachx, forget about the Mach’s. Barely anything of worth on the Mach’s & having to descend back into town on the road just rubbed it in how poor the ride was.
    I’m sure there must be some decent stuff in the hills, but the Machs seem to do a good job of avoiding anything interesting…unless you like tarmac & fireroads.

nathaneddy
    Free Member

some of the further out bits on the Mach trails look interesting — at least on the OS map

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

some of the further out bits on the Mach trails look interesting — at least on the OS map

Anything further out than or as high as Glaslyn was under 2 feet of snow on Friday night.

Have a look in the opposite direction too, some good stuff above Pennal, over towards Tywyn and Aberdyfi .. all fairly obvious on the map.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘mountain biking Machynlleth?’ is closed to new replies.