Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • mountain bikes not welcome on MoD land
  • cinnamon_girl

Cap’n – that linky doesn’t work.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

“..and any vehicle, animal… or thing…may be removed….and be declared by a court to be forfeited to Her Majesty”

So, monarchs taking stuff off ordinary people by force. Nothing changes…. 🙁

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9F7Ox2cv2A[/video]

theotherjonv

Thanks Pants.

http://www.trailactiongroup.co.uk

The CoC on there looks basically the same as on the notices and is wholly reasonable and appropriate to my eyes. Have sent email to register my support.

By ‘established’ trails; I assume this means the old AYTE/Gorrick stuff for example is fair game? I hope so, as I was only remarking how useless I am at downhill off camber switchback stuff on Pants Way Round yesterday 😉 Maybe with a few expletives added…..

davetrave
    Free Member

“..and any vehicle, animal… or thing…may be removed….and be declared by a court to be forfeited to Her Majesty”

Looks more like the courts taking things off the people by force, rather than the monarch, and then gifting the items to Her Maj…

simon3315
    Free Member

Hi lads,

I am in the Army and at present based in Pirbright, I also like to bike.In the last year I have seen more and more bikers out on the tracks around the camp. But where it’s going wrong from what I have seen is cars (with bike racks) blocking the gates on to the area, also one day I had 30 recruits in their holes in the ground when 2 lads came down a track and I went to say, “can you go around as we are working in the wood block”,I was told to pee off as they was on a set out track and had the right of way. Now this got my Boss (also a biker) so angry he reported back up.

Also one night we were out on an ambush with trip flares out and I saw some riders coming down a track with lots of lights, so I went to let them know what was going on and ask can they stay away because of the danger, but the bloke did not stop and told me he would be fine and on he went and set them off!

Now ATC pirbright is the largest Phase 1 training establishment within the army so it will always have lots of activity up on the area. I know the range warden (The man that looks after the area and all things green and woody) has seen a lot of new tracks being made at the minute which he is not too happy with and we NEED to keep him happy at all times.

Also some bikers were found in the RDA (range danger area) the bit that has a big fence all around where all the bullets go when they are shot. So not good at all.
    Now this is just what I have seen and I have heard of lots more incidents with bikes. This is not a whinge from me at all, it’s just I can see both sides of the argument and thought I would put my 2p in.

simon.

allthepies
    Free Member

Also some bikers were found in the RDA (range danger area) the bit that has a big fence all around where all the bullets go when they are shot. So not good at all.

For some balance I often see dog walkers inside the Ash Ranges perimeter fence when the red flags are up.

Regarding the land conflict on training areas I always divert if it’s obvious that the army are using an area of land, shame a small minority don’t and get abusive.

pants
    Free Member

Funnily, as with Simon I am Army and work at Pirbright(1 R Anglian) I too bike alot on the area and with a local group, I see this all the time and hear it all the time, what we all have to remember is this Land is the part of the Armys office, which is worked in round the clock.

We/you need to help ourselves and respect the wishes of the Army, I am sure you would hate your office being disrupted while you are trying to work etc 🙂

Keep Smiling!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘mountain bikes not welcome on MoD land’ is closed to new replies.