Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Any Mountain bike clubs based around the Rivington area
  • grannyjone
    Free Member

I’m in a couple of other mountain bike clubs but the rides always involve driving for about 20-30+ miles to get to them, as they are based in Rammy or South-East Manchester, which I can tolerate on a weekend but for mid week evening rides its not practical with all that traffic.
    Rivington is on my doorstep and don’t know of any clubs locally. Are there any that are based around this area ?

simmy
    Free Member

Rivington MTB on Facebook.

Don’t know if they do rides or not, but worth a look. Or nip into Cycle Service Centre in Horwich and ask Jason or Neil if they know of any.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Rivington MTB group on facebook maybe for getting in touch with a few locals, but they don’t actually seem to organise any rides, they just chat!

Bogtrotters do a regular every-Wednesday night ride in the area (Rivi, Abbey Village, Longridge, Pendle, etc) for those of us who can’t be bothered travelling to Lakes on a Wed evening.

duncancallum

I ride a lot round there as I live in Horwich at the bottom of wilderswood

duncancallum

I ride a lot round there as I live in Horwich at the bottom of wilderswood

Harry_the_Spider

MNPR. We meet at 8:15 when the traffic, and our kids, is all tucked up in bed.

craig24
    Free Member

Woollybacks ride a lot around Rivington.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I ride it at least weekly as its my local trails

Drop me an e-mail and i can put you in touch with three or four different collection of lads [ most on here ] who ride different days ad vary from fast lads to bimblers who stop at the pub

Depends when you want to ride but i am sure i can sort you out some contacts

Dont know of any official groups personally but never looked

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Tick.

Got a course in Warrington next month, I’ll be looking to get out a couple of nights. Do you have a set plan for MNPR Harry? or wing it a bit?.

Cheers.

duncancallum

Look out for the forum thread.

The mnpr gets all over…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Do you have a set plan for MNPR Harry?

😆

the plan is to wing it

Weekly thread saying where it is discussed on the previous ride

I do go but plenty are on the wrong side of Manc from here
    Good lads though

Harry_the_Spider

Do you have a set plan for MNPR Harry?

The full and comprehensive rules of MNPR:-

1. Turn up.

There is usually a thread on a Thursday.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Any Mountain bike clubs based around the Rivington area’ is closed to new replies.