Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Motorcycle storage?
  • scunny
    Free Member

I’ve got an R6 that currently stays in a friends garage, which makes it a pain when i want to nip out on it if he isnt in. My house is garage-less, with no room to build one. Fairly decent sized garden with a big shed in it already, but the shed full.

I’m thinking of building a little lean-to to keep it in. I know it won’t be the most secure (obviously i’ll make it as secure as you can make a wooden construction) but i’m not too worried about that, i live at the back of a cul-de-sac surrounded by woodland.

Any ideas/plan/pictures of make shift storage sheds? I’m thinking of building something like this, but a bit easier to get a bike in and out of:

M1llh0use
    Free Member

what ever you do sink a chain hoop into a block of concrete uunderneath so you’ve got something to lock it to…

kilo

When I used to leave my bike (firestorm at the time) in the garden I just bought a decent cover for it and put a paving slab down for the sidestand

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Something like this will be better if you have the room: http://www.trimetals.co.uk/motorcycle-storage.php

dirtybike
    Free Member

These seem to get great reviews and also a reduction on your insurance

Storage

craigxxl
    Free Member

The one in the dirty bikes link is the same as my brothers. They lock top and bottom and have prevented 2 attempted thefts of his Fireblade. They do suffer with condensation and uses a small electric greenhouse heater to prevent it.

paulx
    Free Member

You want one of these …serious bits of kit.

SamB
    Free Member

Not being funny – I know little to nothing – but I’m sure I’ve seen bikes just parked up at the side of the road. I think they had maybe the padlock-through-disc thing going on, plus keys to start it.

Is it comically naïve to think that’s good enough? Serious question, I’m considering a motorbike and have nowhere to store it – so should probably think about making it secure 🙂

scunny
    Free Member

Really depends on the bike, and how often you’re using it. If it was a commuter then i’d have no qualms in leaving it out side with a cover. But as the R6 is only a toy i’d rather have somewhere that offers it a little protection as it can sometimes be stood for weeks/months at a time during winter.

Those specific bike storage things are nice, but i can’t really afford that much (and i doubt my girlfriend would appreciate an air raid shelter ruining our lovely woodland garden). I’ll probably build something similar to the picture i posted.

mssansserif
    Free Member

I have one of the Secure-A-Bike Motorcycle sheds that Paulx linked to and yes they are very secure and handy with the internal bike holder roller thingy.

It’s a tin shed so you get some condensation in winter but just stick a cover over the bike. No way anyone is breaking into it without making enough noise to wake the dead.

RE: leaving a bike in the street with a disc lock if it’s something fast or interesting it won’t be long till it’s lifted into the back of a transit never to be seen again.

jamesmio
    Free Member

Asgard motorbike sheds are excellent – proper metal, purpose built things.

Got 10 of them at the back of a hotel client’s (who are big into their biking), and they’re very good.

takisawa2

I had a shed built, 5′ x 9′, no window & a 4′ wide door.
    Cost me about £300.
    Still got it now.

Sadly, any form of motorised bike is a fading memory. 😐

cbike
    Free Member

I just Fitted My Ground anchor into the side of the kerbstone. Wear a high viz. noone will notice.

footflaps

I put a ground anchor in the back wall of the house and kept my VFR750 under a cover outside the kitchen window over winter.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Motorcycle storage?’ is closed to new replies.