Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Those on one helmets
  • larrythelathe
    Free Member

Anyone got one? Are they ok? I am interested in coverage and how well the venting works.

larrythelathe
    Free Member

No one got one?

andyrm
    Free Member

Been looking at these myself, reckon for £40 it’s worth a punt…..

althepal

Would be nice to see it a bit better before taking a punt.. ok, its only £40 but if its hot and not very comfy its£40 that could have been spent elsewhere..

brant
    Free Member

Distance selling regs mean you can get it to see.
    And if after riding it, you hate it, send it back with my name on it and I’ll make sure you get a full refund.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

What helmets?

One of the considerations for me when choosing a helmet is – are replacement pads easily available?

fourbanger
    Free Member

To what safety standards have the they been tested?

darkslider
    Free Member

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/HEOOEPH/on_one_enduro_pro_helmet

I assume?

I’d want to see more than one angle of it before I clicked the button! Not sure buying from on one with the expectation you might have to send it back is a good idea.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

To what safety standards have the they been tested?

To meet European retail standards I presume,

fourbanger
    Free Member

To meet European retail standards I presume,

Sure. I’d just like to know which standard it’s been tested to. After all, I’m buying it for my safety. I’d be a bit of a dick if I didn’t know the level of protection it offered me!

wwaswas

I’d just like to know which standard it’s been tested to. I’d be a bit of a dick if I didn’t know the level of protection it offered me!

Do you know what all the standards are and how they differ?

Do you pick a helmet because it only passed Snell or whatever tests and failed the others, or vice versa?

It’s illegal to sell a helmet that doesn’t meet EU standards.

I have no idea what those standards (or any others) are or how they are measured but I’m prepared to accept that On-One do and have ensured compliance. Same as they do with their frames.

cookeaa

It should be tested to (BS) EN1078 if it’s not send it back, and contact trading standards…

TBH though just because they’re relatively “Cheap” doesn’t mean they are inferior to pricier helmets in terms of impact protection; EPS is EPS, you tend to pay more money to get less weight and more holes (vents) so that £100+ Giro/MET/Bell/KASK/POC/etc is probably no better at protecting you in an accident…

I’d not looked a the On-One/Planet X lids before, from the pictures their “Trail Sport Helmet” looks a bit more aesthetically pleasing IMO, and at £20 I’d consider giving that a punt…

TBH I’d been tending towards the cheap and cheerful UNi-size Giro models lately and have yet to die as a result… so a cheap and cheerful on-one branded one would be worth a try I reckon.

Simon

TBH I’d been tending towards the cheap and cheerful UNi-size Giro models lately and have yet to die as a result…

This^ The £22 Giro unisize Indicator I got fits well, is comfy and better vented than the Xen it replaced.

Jamie
    Free Member

….send it back with my name on it and I’ll make sure you get a full refund.

iolo
    Free Member

They look special needs in my humble opinion.
    It’s much better to spend a little bit more and have something you like.

jeffskowski
    Free Member

The item descriptions aren’t very ‘descriptive’?
    Before ordering I would want, at the very least, a description of the fit system accompanied buy some detail pics.

It’s a MTB helmet that is light and has vents doesn’t really cut it IMHO.

bigbloke
    Free Member

I like the look of the Trail helmet but another angle of view would be better before actually deciding to buy. What a hassle sending it back would be???. Just present it better on your website.

Yak

Mrs Yak has just ordered a Trail one after some damage to her old giro one in an crash last w-e. At £20- seemed worth a punt. Will report back once it arrives and gets ridden.

althepal

Cheers Brant- just thinking a few different views on the website would be good- side/top/rear views.. and poss one showing the inside with straps and retention adjustment. £40 does seem a decent price and having bough on-one stuff before I dont doubt the quality or value but I’d just rather see a bit more of it before I’d buy it.

chrisylad24
    Free Member

I am looking at buying one of these too but would like more pictures to make my mind up please brant

iolo
    Free Member

I think more pictures wont make it more attractive.
    You can’t polish a you know what and all that.
    They’ve used the best profile they could.

miketually
    Free Member

The helmets will very likely sell out, with the current descriptions and photographs. If On-One pay someone to take more photos, write more description and add it to the website, they’ll probably have to put the price up.

I like that they’re proof that adding Enduro to the name or description makes it twice as expensive 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

if after riding it, you hate it, send it back with my name on it and I’ll make sure you get a full refund.

Goes off to buy Pink glitter to put the name on the helmet.

miketually
    Free Member
    iolo
    Free Member

The Giros on that link are a good price

miketually
    Free Member

I like the look of http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/HEMECAMEU/met_camaleonte_executive_urban_helmet for my short commute. Save my decent helmet for proper rides.

kayak23

brant – Member

Distance selling regs mean you can get it to see.
    And if after riding it, you hate it, send it back with my name on it and I’ll make sure you get a full refund.

The bloke selling them comes on here saying you are welcome to try it and if you don’t like it send it back. He even said try it on a ride, and yet most here have still found room to moan? 🙄

Sounds very, very good to me…
    Good skills Mr On-One.

iolo
    Free Member

No moan, merely asthetics. Thats all.

kayak23

Still, same applies surely?
    Good offer I’d say.
    (Though I agree, that more pictures should be on the website…) 🙂

andyl
    Free Member

They look special needs in my humble opinion.

Bit harsh. But then again, a lot of middle aged mountain bikers kitted out in all their gear for a couple of hours mincing around look a bit ‘special’! I get quite embarrassed by some of the sights I see up on the hills hoping I don’t look like that!

Good on on-one I say. UK sold helmet (so complies with all safety tests and warranty backup) for a reasonable price. Just what is needed in a market with overpriced stuff.

annebr
    Free Member

miketually – Member
    I like the look of http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/HEMECAMEU/met_camaleonte_executive_urban_helmet for my short commute. Save my decent helmet for proper rides.

I’m not sure I’d be to comfortable wearing a helmet called cameltoe. 😡 😉 😆

cookeaa

I like the look of the Trail helmet but another angle of view would be better before actually deciding to buy. What a hassle sending it back would be???. Just present it better on your website.

+1 – I do need a new cheap “Trail” type general MTB helmet TBH it’s a 3 way toss up between the OO “Trail sport”, a Giro indicator for a couple of quid more elsewhere, or maybe one of the 2011 Rifts OO are flogging for £25…

I know either of the Giro’s will fit and it’s only a fiver in it, but if the OO lid has better rear coverage and looks OK I’d be happy to take a punt I think, I just want to see a couple of other angles (maybe someone wearing it for abit of scale?)…

Come on, work that sales magic! Dance for my meagre £20 or I’m off to CRC!!*

(*I’m not really off to CRC, their website is still cack, prices are no better, so I’ll probably just buy the OO helmet and see how I go)….

Yak

I’m fairly sure from the pic that the OO Trail Sport has better rear coverage than a Giro Indicator. That’s what I reckoned anyway, then ordered the OO. Hopefully here tomorrow, so i’ll find out.

brant
    Free Member

Comments about content/words/pics echo what we thought earlier, and someone is working on some better stuff.

They are all tested to the EN standard.

As for the look – some trail helmets do look a bit odd. Someone pointed out the “screaming face” on a POC helmet to me once, and I can’t see past it now (like the FedEx arrow).

Right. Off to find something in China to eat.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with the look of this helmet!?!? It looks like all the rest.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Thanks Brant. Could you give an outline of the testing procedure and how your helmets faired in the tests. As it’s a piece of safety equipment I’m more interested in its test performance than how it looks.

nickc

Interesting, do you ask other helmets manufacturers the same questions as well?

Genuine, BTW, I just buy on looks pretty much, I assume ( perhaps naively) that they need to conform to the same standards, certainly fallen any number if times and I’m still here 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

Haterz gunna hate..

iolo
    Free Member

Would this helmet receive so much love with “superstar” written on it?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Those on one helmets’ is closed to new replies.