Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Motorbike and Cyclist interface
  • kimbers

oh dear…..

http://hyperstrada.com/ducati-hyperstrada/663-ducati-dragons-s-youtube-channel-2.html

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkO_UoK0jOk[/video]

Dickyboy

youtube “two wrongs don’t make right” shocker

but wtf did that motorcyclist think he was doing

kimbers

actually
    https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q604.htm

Using a hand held mobile phone whilst cycling is not illegal per se, however, you could commit an offence of careless riding or riding without due care and consideration. It is also not advisable for the obvious safety reasons.

gearfreak
    Free Member

That cyclist is amazingly patient for someone who has just been knocked off by an idiot on a motorbike. I’d have lamped the motorcyclist and told the ‘Police’ woman to get stuffed.

dantsw13

What a ridiculous cycle lane – in between 2 lanes of traffic, then just disappears!!

Legoman
    Free Member

Looks like he’s taken the video down from the hyperstrada website, which seems like an admission of guilt to me

dantsw13

The Motorbikers on their forum seem to think their guy was in the wrong too.

GrahamS

Some more details here:
    http://road.cc/content/forum/119397-motorcyclist-cyclist-collision-near-buckingham-palace

Completely bizarre that the motorcycle guy feels that someone (stupidly) using a phone is a far greater offence than him driving into the bike lane and (possibly deliberately) ramming the poor sod in a manner that could well have done him quite a lot of harm.

Looks like the taxi driver is on the phone too – why didn’t he ram him instead?

Coyote
    Free Member

Completely the motorcyclists fault. The cyclist was in a cycle lane, the motorbike hit him. Didn’t see the cyclist swerve at any point.

100% motorbike.

martinhutch

Nobody comes out of that video in a particularly positive light.

retrorick

I thought you could use your phone whilst on your bike as it is not a motorised? I’m probably wrong though?
    Motorcyclist was wrong in this instance.

Jamie
    Free Member

That WPC is adorable.

martinhutch

Legally, perhaps. I’m not sure that makes it less of a stupid thing to do filtering on the RH side of traffic along Constitution Hill.

Motorcyclist certainly wins asshat of the year award though, closely followed by the copper.

GrahamS

Would love to see that PC at a more serious crime scene.

“Help me officer, I’ve been stabbed in the face.”

“Sir, is this your eyeball? Now you know littering in public is an offence don’t you sir? That’s very silly.”

“But officer…”

“No ‘buts’ sir, I’m going to have to ask you to stop bleeding”

Northwind

Both idiots but only one of them knocked someone off their bike. Absolutely insane riding.

Still I will say that riding in London is dangerous enough at best, if you’re choosing to distract yourself and ride in less control than you could then something bad is going to happen to you, probably sooner rather than later, and you should probably feel downright relieved if it’s only as bad as this. And maybe it’ll be someone else’s fault but you won’t care very much about fault in hospital.

****’s sakes all round.

GrahamS

road.cc thread indicates that the motorcyclist is now getting his personal details brandished around and threats of violence made against him and his family (by cyclists and fellow bikers).

Lovely.

Twattery breeding more twattery.

For once I think Russell Brand has the right idea. (also didn’t he do well winning Eurovision?)

cyclistm
    Free Member

I wouldn’t want the motorcyclists personal details doing the rounds, but if think the police would do well to pop round and “stick him on” or at least have a little word

GrahamS

“police are looking into it” according to the road.cc thread.

singletrackmind

The amazing case of the Liar , the Thicko and the Cyclist
    How thick does the WPC sound? with the idiot on the Ducati a very close second.
    Victim blaming at its finest. “I came up from the side” – pants on fire
    ” He basically caught my mirror ” ,oops my nose is growing.

My big loud motorbike allows me to ram cyclists up the chuff, and blame them . Mr Dayglow needs to grow a pair , but tbh shows amazing restraint in the face of lies and stupidity . I would not have been so calm.

inkster
    Free Member

This was a ‘Hit and don’t Run, the guy deliberately knocks the cyclist over, you can hear him rev the engine and push his bar out towards the cyclist just before he hits him.

markrh
    Free Member

Call me old fashioned but i’d sack that police woman for never taking her hands out of her pockets, looks a right numpty 😀

fourbanger
    Free Member

Speaking as a motorbike rider, I’d say he misjudged that. What a tool.

craigxxl
    Free Member

As a biker he did that on purpose. Blipping the throttle before buzzing too close to the cyclist was done to prove a point. Knocking him off his bike regardless of him using his phone or not is out of order and he should be prosecuted.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Cyclist was being irresponsible using their phone but that in no way takes away from the terrible riding by the motorcyclist. it’s not clear whether that’s actually a cycle lane (there aren’t any markings I can see on g-maps) but it certainly has the appearance of one so I don’t think the cyclist was in the wrong place.

The motorcyclist should have over-taken if he wanted to pass and left enough space. I’d have pressed for Careless Driving charge.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

The motorcyclists comments are a peach – ‘he caught my mirror’, ‘I guess I’ll wait for the phone call from my insurance company for the cyclists broken leg’

FFS. The blip on the throttle might just have come from his arm being jogged as he hit him but could suggest it was deliberate.

craigxxl
    Free Member

The blip happens before he tries to go past if you watch it

remoterob
    Free Member

That motorbike won’t be ridden in London again.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Bad enough the guy on the Duc pulled such a stupid stunt, but to then post it on the net? Gormless in the extreme.

He’s getting crucified…

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Perhaps if we ban cyclists at busy times. Or it could be voluntary.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Tbh, the cyclist shouldn’t have been on the phone.
    But the copper is a moron, and the motorcyclist is an utter ****.
    It really does look like he deliberately clipped him. What type of **** does that.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Tbh, the cyclist shouldn’t have been on the phone.

Not sensible but there’s no way you could say it contributed. He wasn’t wobbling, out of lane, or doing anything else that resulted in him getting hit. If I’m on the phone whilst driving and I get caught in the crossfire of a drive by shooting are you going to say it’s my fault for being on the phone?

Perhaps if we ban cyclists at busy times. Or it could be voluntary.

Assume this is ironic. Given that cyclists now form the largest single user group on some roads in rush hour it would be more effective to ban motor vehicles ‘at busy times’….

In the morning peak (7-10am), up to 64 per cent of vehicles on some main roads are now bicycles. Cycles make up almost half of all northbound traffic crossing Waterloo, Blackfriars and London Bridges, and 62 per cent of all northbound traffic crossing Southwark bridge in the morning peak are cyclists. They are the largest single type of vehicle on each of these bridges, outnumbering cars in each case.

At the top ten main roads for cycle traffic bikes represent 42 per cent of the traffic in the morning peak but take up as little as 12 per cent of the road space

Source

The easiest, cheapest, way to massively increase road capacity would be to reduce the amount given over to motor vehicles and reallocate it to dedicated cycling facilities,.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Motorbike and Cyclist interface’ is closed to new replies.