Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • MotoGP – Simoncelli
  • hels
    Free Member

Did he sleep with somebody’s wife or something ?? Seemed a bit harsh.

Rorschach
    Free Member

They do seem to be picking on him a bit.Theres been plenty worse done and passed off as ‘racing incidents’.Do feel for Dani though….he’s made of glass!!Nice to Rossi back on the podium 😀 ,nicer to see George struggling.
    Someone punch that whiney aussie twonk back….in the face…..with a brick 👿

Crell
    Free Member

Race direction brought to you today by the Jorge Lorenzo fan club. It was a bloody ridiculous decision. I am buying a supersic tshirt for Silverstone. 👿

supertacky
    Free Member

Very harsh to impose a drive through penalty.

Should have been reviewed after the finish and then acted upon.

He’s the new pick on boy of moto gp.

simondbarnes

MotoGP is a **** joke right now.

supertacky
    Free Member

“MotoGP is a **** joke right now”

How come?

supertacky
    Free Member

Great result for Rossi though, the Ducati looks overwhelmed.

hels
    Free Member

Rossi is a cheery chap isn’t he, although all that hunkering down by the bike before the start is a bit odd.

I think that is half of why I like MotoGP, the riders have personalities, unlike the F1 guys who come across like robots.

But I guess you have to be a bit mental to race bikes.

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Simoncelli totally at fault for taking pedrosa out & breaking his collarbone in the process.
    Needs a bit more than a ride-through in my opinion.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Dani let off the brakes after He’d been passed (he’s not amazing on entry at the best of times).If he’d kept it upright he would have run Marco wide off the track and if he had’nt clipped Marco’s back wheel he would have low sided and T-boned him (just as Rossi did to casey).This is world championship racing its not supposed to be “oh you first old chap,oh no you first sir”.Or they could remove ALL the skill of overtaking…like they’ve done in Farce’mula 1.

supertacky
    Free Member

IMO Pedrosa went into the corneron a defensive tight line he saw Simoncelli and “ran on” on the brakes in an attempt to put him wide. Simoncelli was fully past by the time they made contact. At best a 50/50. Simoncelli didnt deserve the ride through. It could have easily been sorted out after the race.

Feel sorry for Pedrosa though. His injury list is growing by the race.

Big up to Critchlow too. He was kicking the sh*t out of that bike in Qaulifying. His first time at LeMans as well. Good show, unlucky to have come off.

hels
    Free Member

I think that is what I don’t understand, the whole concept of riding bikes that fast, that close to other people and trying to get past each other seems crazy dangerous. But some stuff is too dangerous, so you get penalised for it – is that about right ? I guess this Simoncelli chap is just pushing the limits of the rule book.

Philby

Very harsh on Simoncelli as he was in front – IMO it was 50% Pedrosa’s fault. Lorenzo maybe should have been penalised for his pass on Devisioso early on in the race.

Worst outcome is it will take Pedrosa out for a few weeks.

Been a good season so far.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I guess this Simoncelli chap is just pushing the limits of the rule book.

Not really any more so than other people who haven’t attracted penalties- like Lorenzo, when he shoved his way past Dovizioso(?).

Edit: Like wot Philby said.

supertacky
    Free Member

Did anyone see the after race interviews? Might have been good.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Repeat on eurosport.Moto2 was strangely dull for once 😐

simondbarnes

supertacky – Member

How come?

Ridiculous penalties, not enough riders/manufacturers, largely boring races (with the odd exception)…

totalshell

harsh penalty though he does have previos.. honda class of field this year.. Rossi left to pick up scraps. only Hondas will win from here on in..

lazybike
    Free Member

He deserved a penalty ” his egos writing cheques his body can’t cash” he’s riding like a dick, albeit a fast dick, don’t think he’ll be getting any new bits for his Honda, you can’t crash into the chosen one.

P20

Penalty was a joke. It’s at best a racaing incident and required a review at the end if the gp if anything. Far too harsh

martinxyz
    Free Member

If Lorenzo was in Pedrosas position i recon he would have gone in to the corner more committed,hung off the bike and stuck it with maybe a bit of contact.
    I thought it was a fairly clean move at the time.

rainbow
    Free Member

No, penalty was correct and well deserved for the dirty Sic, both Dani and Sic was entering the corner at same time and Dani had the inside line, all Sic had to ride by side with Dani to the corner and there will be no crash, not chopping across in front of him, now he have injure him and ruined his season. Even his mate Rossi put the blame on dirty Sic, see link below:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91429

Sic is a menace on the track, the way he is riding, he will injure another rider again this season.

Reluctant
    Free Member

I’ve seen it 3 times or so, and still can’t work it out. At first it looked like a crazy move from Sic, but then he’s through, and Ped is drifting wide, not making the turn and rides into the rear of Sic. I really thought the drive through was harsh – but regardsless of the race and blame – Pedrosa’s got another pretty major injury which is really sad. What ever you think of him , he’s a great talent and I’d love to see him take it to Stoner this season.
    Meantime, Sic may be the latest whipping boy, but he’ll bounce back and will win races this season – Go Sideshow Bob!

br
    Free Member

To quote Max; ‘its not ballroom dancing!’

It was as wrong as the time Haslem got the same at a BSB round at Oulton a couple of years ago.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Wait until Andrea Iannone arrives in moto gp!!He IS mental.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thought the penalty was a bit harsh as it looked like Dani went in a bit quick and had a wobble. Was at le mans and they really seem to dislike the Spanish motogp riders there, big cheer when Dani went off, then another when Lorenzo got passed. Curiously only saw a single spectator with any sort of visible support for home rider Randy DP, all the frenchies seemed to be supporting Rossi.

uplink
    Free Member

Simoncelli will seriously hurt someone before long in MotoGP, he’s just too crazy
    Lots of other riders have made noises about him being too dangerous, look at tat incident with Barbera a couple of years ago where he just leaned on him in attempt to stop him passing

http://www.myvideo.ch/watch/4345624

If he ever has designs on being a MotoGP world champ, he needs to try and contain it a bit or he’ll end up losing so many points with penalties and crashes that he’ll never make it

Woody
    Free Member

Haven’t seen it yet but if Rossi (see rainbow link) thinks he was at fault, then he must have been.

More importantly, does his hair affect the efficiency of his helmet?

Pigface
    Free Member

Uplink have to disagree on that incident, just a racing thing. He is a wild child though, makes it fantastic. Now there is some real bad feeling between some of the riders.

MSP

uplink – Member

Simoncelli will seriously hurt someone before long in MotoGP, he’s just too crazy
    Lots of other riders have made noises about him being too dangerous, look at tat incident with Barbera a couple of years ago where he just leaned on him in attempt to stop him passing

http://www.myvideo.ch/watch/4345624

If he ever has designs on being a MotoGP world champ, he needs to try and contain it a bit or he’ll end up losing so many points with penalties and crashes that he’ll never make it

Yep I have never seen anything quite so dangerous, imagine not avoiding another driver riding into the back of him, BAN HIM! It could be a childs face next time.

hels
    Free Member

It’s like that Jonny Cash song about the guy who gets hung on his birthday for a murder he never done. Did a whole other lot of murders tho.

epicyclo

So will we see a retrospective penalty for what Rossi did to Stoner?

It looked to me like Simoncelli outrode Pedrosa there. Pedrosa tried to force the issue and lost control.

Very unfair decision compared to what has gone unpunished.

uplink
    Free Member

Yep I have never seen anything quite so dangerous, imagine not avoiding another driver riding into the back of him

Barbera hit him purely because Simoncelli open his leg when he felt him
    This caused Simoncelli’s bike to slow and veer left

Mika Kallio, Alex Debon and others claimed it was the most dangerous move they’ seen in a long time, you obviously know better

FWIW – I thought the ride through at Le Mans was Harsh, a fine would have been more fitting

rocketman
    Free Member

Very harsh IMO but probably worth it get rid of Pedrosa for a race or two. Next target – Lorenzo. Simoncelli will be world champ by taking out the other riders.

mavisto
    Free Member

supertacky – Member

How come?

Ridiculous penalties, not enough riders/manufacturers, largely boring races (with the odd exception)…

Unfortunately this is the case without Rossi up at the sharp end of things. Like the majority of motor sport, technology seems to win over skill.

It will be a sad day when Rossi retires!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Tell me why Elias went back into MotoGP when he was creaming the Moto2 stage? World champ to back of the fleet in one easy step.. nob.

Evesie
    Free Member

Looked 50 / 50 to me. Dani’s has never been as strong on the brakes as most of the others. His back wheel was well in the air just before the clash & he had to roll off the front brake to keep it together, a drawback for being a light weight – unfortunately Marko was already where Dani wanted to run wide. Marko would have got passed Dani soon & perhaps he should have waited for a more clear shot at the pass, but he’s a young charger & has not learned when to back off, you can’t fault him for that at his age. A shame for Dani yes but why ruin Marko’s race also.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

simoncelli is exactly what we need this year. He has some of the big boys rattled. To put a satellite Honda in 2nd in qualifying !!

Dani is made of glass and overrated. He is quick but cannot ‘race’. Even his win last week was boring – wheelsucking Lorenzo for x laps.

How often does danni come out top in a proper scrap on the track.Drive through was wrong.

As for simoncelli crashing, seem to remeber Stoner couldnt keep it on track when he first came into MGP and Lorenzo had some of the biggest crashes ever in MGP.

rainbow
    Free Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxA6HE23fZ8

Here another crash the dirty Sic nearly killed another rider.

rocketman, you are no motogp fan, if you get pleasure seeing riders get hurt on the track! 🙄

I would love see the dirty Sic and Rossi have a big battle on the track, especially the last few laps for a victory, it would be interesting who will come out top and alive! seriously Sic is dangerous nutcase on the track.

mogrim

Dani is made of glass and overrated. He is quick but cannot ‘race’. Even his win last week was boring – wheelsucking Lorenzo for x laps.

+1 on that, much prefer Lorenzo to Pedrosa. Simoncelli goes too far, though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘MotoGP – Simoncelli’ is closed to new replies.