Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • moto gp feel sick
  • iDave
    Free Member

You have the wrong Marco there Lesanita…

uplink
    Free Member

Very sad news indeed

Thankfully, I haven’t seen the crash but it sounds scarily similar to the crash the Franco Uncini had back in 83 at Assen, Uncini went down and was hit by Wayne Gardener
    Fortunately Uncini survived and I believe is now the rider safety rep for MotoGP

TheFlyingOx

pssssstt….. it was Marco Simoncelli

I hope this isn’t going to turn into one of those tastless “goodnight, sweet prince” type threads…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Lesanita – pretty sure Melandri is ok.

iDave
    Free Member

Lesanita2
    Free Member

Sorry, wrong Marco. Same thing.

float
    Free Member

so sad 🙁

tails
    Free Member

Colin Edwards must be in pieces! I hope he recovers. 😥

reggiegasket
    Free Member

RIP Marco.

Obviously more serious than Parish and the other fella were putting across when I was watching.

Philby

Very sad news – he really made MotoGP races fascinating with his aggressive riding. A future MotoGP champion sadly lost – RIP.

TheFlyingOx

Thankfully I’ve not seen any footage from any of it, but the general gist I’m getting over on Pistonheads is pretty horrific. I can see Edwards turning in his wings, and I reckon Rossi could as well. Unimaginable the guilt/grief they must be going through, even though it appears that they had no chance to avoid him.

Rorschach
    Free Member

This is how i will remember him….
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNZ1yX1X4u4[/video]

Euro
    Free Member

A great character and a fantastic racer. RIP Marco

Woody
    Free Member

Awful 😥

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Horrible accident. Marco will be missed. Thoughts with his friends, family and the other MotoGP riders, not least Colin and Valentino. 🙁 RIP

Pigface
    Free Member

Oh god no this is awful from the high of watching the rugby world cup to this awful awful news. :cry

Just heartbreaking and feel for his family friends and team

Hornet600
    Free Member

RIP Marco – The next Rossi is no more 🙁

Edwards and Rossi had no where to go. I hope that this doesn’t have an effect on their racing going forward.

tails
    Free Member

Great clip Rorschach, he had so much character and his overtaking was the best in a sport where overtaking is commonplace! Why FFS he was the best!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Awful accident. Very very sad news.

ell_tell
    Free Member

Sad dad news. RIP Marco.

Has been a bad past year for motor sport really, Tomizawa, then Wheldon recently and now today. 🙁

tails
    Free Member

Edwards and Rossi had no where to go. I hope that this doesn’t have an effect on their racing going forward.

Yeah 🙁 I can see edwards packing it in, he had nowhere to go but he’ll be broken inside. Rossi might keep going. We had a death in last years moto2 as well.

2wheels1guy
    Free Member

Ciao Super Sic.

The most exciting racer out there.

I feel pretty hollow right now.

nickname
    Free Member

Just heard the news, feel gutted, absolutely gutted.

RIP Marco Simoncelli

RustyMac

Just heard about this on the news, terrible news. One of the truely exciting prospects in Moto GP.

RIP Marco Simoncelli

jonahtonto
    Free Member

so sad 🙁 rest in peace Simoncelli. totally gutted he was so exciting to watch and i was watching with anticipation as his career progressed. rossi and edwards must be in bits but there was no way to avoid that, i know he and valentino were good friends i hope they dont blame themselves Marco Simoncelli RIP

tomaso
    Free Member

RIP Marco Simoncelli, what an awful crash and a terrible loss of life. Very similar to Craig Jones and Shoya Tomizawa. In those situations Andrew Pitt and Scott Redding and Alex DeAngelis were all in the same position as Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi. My sympathies to those two guys at this diffuclt time.

tomaso
    Free Member

Oh and that poem Wildfred Owen’s poem Dulce et Decorum Est is probably the most moving and upsetting poetry I’ve ever read. Not sure what it has to do with Simoncelli

MrGFisher
    Free Member

Very sad. RIP Marco.

Cougar

Not sure what it has to do with Simoncelli

Died doing what was vitally important to him, I guess.

bellerophon
    Free Member

very very sad news; he was a breath of fresh air, such a great character and fantastic rider.

RIP Marco

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Really sad, RIP.

Be safe people.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Wouldn’t be surprised if Colin Edwards retires after this either

mrblobby
    Free Member

Must be so hard for all the riders in the paddock to get back on their bikes after something like this. Was a good decision (and the only right decision) by Dorna to cancel the race. Valencia will now be a very sad end to the season.

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘moto gp feel sick’ is closed to new replies.