• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by benji.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • MOT certficates
  • twixhunter
    Free Member

Car passed MOT yesterday but there was no MOT certficate in the paperwork given to me by the garage. It’s showing as passed on the DVLA website so do I leave it at that?

Thanks

garage-dweller

I usually get one in the paperwork, you know that they are now just a printed piece of A4 (just asking in case this was a new car when you got it and it’s the first mot you’ve had in a while).

I would ask but only because I am really up tight about that sort of thing!

timba
    Free Member

The current form “is a receipt style certificate” that a pass has been recorded with DVSA and goes on to say that “this can be verified at http://www.gov.uk/check-mot-status”
    I read that as saying that the online database is the final word, but there is a piece of paper available

tiggs121
    Free Member

My car passed yesterday too but I also didn’t get a certificate. Gov website says the MOT still expires today.

Will that be updated tomorrow?

hugo
    Free Member

Yeah, you don’t get “certificate” as such these days as it’s logged online. Normally get a white paper print out though.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Car and a motorbike MOT’d at the beginning of the month. Both had a printed certificate detailing previous mileages and dates they run to. Car also had an emissions report.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Just a receipt when mine was MOT’d earlier this month.

It needed taxing as well and when I first tried it refused because of no valid MOT.

MOT’d and by the timje I had driven home the website was updated and I could tax the car.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Just checked the online MOT status and it shows very little info for the motorbike other when it currently passed and expiry date. Car has loads of details including previous MOT’s

squirrelking
    Free Member

I’d be asking for the certificate details, at the very least I’d want to know if there were any advisories!

scotroutes

I had my van MOT’d on Tuesday and have the MOT Test Certificate here in front of me.

Wording on the bottom

1. This document is a receipt style certificate telling you that an MOT Test pass result has been recorded in the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA’s) database of MOT results; this can be verified at http://www.gov.uk/check-mot-status.

parkesie
    Free Member

Our MOT computer was playing up and wouldn’t print yesterday so they were all hand written. Could be that your garages didnt bother with the had written forms and just did the online update and left it at that.

benji
    Free Member

You are legally entitled to the certificate and the emissions test results. The MoT test station only has to keep the emissions results for three months.

benji
    Free Member

There was a contingency code issued for yesterday and the test station should still issue a contingency pass/fail certificate. They are downloadable from the main screen and are pre printed with your vts details.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘MOT certficates’ is closed to new replies.