Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Most technical trail in the Brecon Beacons?
  • RepacK
    Free Member

I was out yesterday riding the Gap w a friend & couldnt help but look at all the trails sneaking over the hills & thinking…hmmm I wonder were that goes?…So Im asking the STW collective for their thoughts on riding in the Beacons/Black Mountains – where is good to go? Are there any really stand out trails? I dont mind a bit of poaching if needs be.. 😉

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I vote Y Das, a bastard climb and must be hairy as a descent.

Stoner
    Free Member

any of the runs off the northern end like Y Das would be good value as a descent.

Bitch of a climb back up though 🙂

RepacK
    Free Member

Where is Y Das guys?

phiiiiil

Y Das is ace but isn't that hard; a bit further east is a bridleway that zig-zags down to the Monastery that is much narrower and far more scary. I don't think I've ever spent as long thinking "Aaargh I'm about to crash" as I did going down there.

phiiiiil

Y Das

Monastery descent

The Black Mountains are just ace all round, really (as long as you don't mind pushing uphill too much…).

nickc

Stoner, where was the sheep trail that zig-zagged down the side of that scree slope near Fan Llia? That looked..Interesting..

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Rhiw Trumau west of Y Das is pretty techy too. Narrower than Y Das but without the drops.

Not tried Monastery.

Stoner
    Free Member

Nick – This one 'ere I think

We'll take the bikes next time 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Most technical trail in the Brecon Beacons?’ is closed to new replies.