Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Most Shock Absorbant Grips
  • konajim
    Free Member

What is your ideal Mountainbike Grip Looking for something realy comfortable as im riding rigid ;Bike Took my old ones off tonight and they look like squashed Black pudding
    thanks
    JIm

ton

ergon grips are the comfiest…..if you can handle the pis5 taking.

got em on 3 bikes.

Talkemada
    Free Member

The Specialized BG grips are good, but there's only one locking collar, and if you try to do the silly little bolt up tight enough, it will round off, and then you can't tighten it any further. And it won't be tight enough. And then you can't get the bolt undone.

Which is a shame, because they're otherwise good comfy grips.

I refuse to pay for Ergon grips. They may be great, but they're 3 times more than a pair of grips should cost.

I might nick Ton's…

thomthumb
    Free Member

i didn't like ergons – apart form the fact that they only work seated OR standing they seemed to push my hand towards the centre of the bar.

i think that non lock on grips are the best due to more rubber (locks on generally have a plastic sleeve)

a combo of good gloves, the right size grip and a good control set up (brakes gears) leaves your hands comfy.

personally run oury and sunline thins – like both of them.

singlespeedstu

ESI's do it for me on my rigid bikes.

Nonsense
    Free Member

Lizard skins charge grips are the best Ive used by a mile. Really comfy but still loads of feel, come in lock on or hairspray flavours.

konajim
    Free Member

Thanks

Ergo very expensive gosh !! ESL cant find them ? Lizard skins seem like an option an cheap but somehpw dont look squishy enough? does that sound right.
    jim

theotherjonv

Not ESL, ESI

http://www.esigrips.com/

Very impressed with them, both comfort (have a tendency to getting a numb pinky from pressure points) but also colour / washability. I am a tart and bought white, then had a chain explode on me out on a ride, so got chain grease all over them after having to repair the link, but they scrubbed up really well with just soapy water.

Clink

ESI here too – recommended

househusband

Another vote for ESI grips. Go for the thicker ones if you want more shock absorbency.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Sunline thick or odi rogue for me.

Stranga
    Free Member

Oury for me

ski
    Free Member

Another vote for Oury, on the thick side too

luked2
    Free Member

Get drop bars and use cork tape (I'm using some Cinelli gel/cork tape). It's way nicer than those horrid grip things and is a sensible price to boot.

Obviously you have to put up with the jeers and catcalls from your so-called friends, but that's a small price to pay.

ken_shields
    Free Member

Big Cheese BMX grips for me

The main colour is soft and grippy and the stars are hard for longevity and they come in a multitude of colours to match your bike 😆

tinsy
    Free Member

How do the ESI grips stay on the bar? Can a really wet ride be pain if they spin? And would the thick comfy ones stay put for say a weeks uplifting in the Alps? (do you see a pattern to my concern on them)

A week in the alps usually kills my pansy office hands you see..

simon1975

+1 for Oury (stick them on with araldite or similar).

matthewlhome
    Free Member

+1 for ESIs. I wasn't sure when i first got them but they are good. There is no pattern on them, yet somehow they are grippy even when soaking wet. They go on the bar simply by spraying water underneath to make them slippy, then are left for 24 hours to dry. I've not had them spin yet and am not going to change anytime soon.

My only fear with them is that they might tear easily if i crash them into the ground, but i'd rather have comfy hands.

I got mine from Dinosaur Bikes

Am also a tart and got some white ones 🙂 and blue.

tinsy
    Free Member

Righto, thanks for the link to a UK supplier, I will give them a go..

Clink

Can a really wet ride be pain if they spin?

Mine have never moved – very light too.

My only fear with them is that they might tear easily if i crash them into the ground

This happened to me but still tough.

CaptainBudget
    Free Member

Sunline Big S grips.

comfy as anything, grippy, nice and fat. I put them on my DH bike and they were soooo much nicer and much less vibrations made it to my hands.

Another idea may be to install bars with a bit more flex in them, as this will provide a bit more damping. Nukeproof Warheads are supposed to be a bit flexible.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

ODI Rogues for me. Fat, comfy, last ages.

Pukz
    Free Member

Oury grips

I would recommend these, I used them on my motoX bikes and everything else since, not found a more shock absorbent grip to date.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

WTB dual compound grips for me – don't know if you can still get them though!

Grab-on sponge grips feel comfy but I'd imagine they loose their sponginess quite quickly.

househusband

Have bought all my ESI grips from the US via eBay; has worked out at £12 per pair – have been happy to wait a few weeks for them. Good that they have a presence in the UK now, especially since this very magazine reviewed them several months ago.

kimbers

odi x-trainers are brilliant feel very soft to the touch and very shock abosorbant, great for riding with no gloves

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=26600

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

ESI here also

konajim
    Free Member

decided on the ESI grips in Black Chunky ….want the white but im the messiest bugger you ever seen
    thanks for all the help
    JIm

retro83
    Free Member

Foam ones from Wilko's, £1.99.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Most Shock Absorbant Grips’ is closed to new replies.