Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 271 total)
  • Most Over Rated Band In History.
  • zippykona

Nirvana.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Wet Wet Wet

fadda

Stone Roses

thomthumb
    Free Member

beatles

bikebouy
    Free Member

Wrong..

Westlife.

chvck
    Free Member

beatles

This

edit: or queen

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Or the “What band do a lot of people like but I just don’t?” thread.

Harry_the_Spider

Beatles

mmb
    Free Member

Oasis. that is all.

headfirst
    Free Member

Radiohead

CaptJon
    Free Member

Vengaboys

Arcticdan
    Free Member

U2

boxelder

Oasis – and you van tell Liam I said so.

loddrik
    Free Member

Oasis, utter utter shite…

nicko74

Arcticdan – Member

U2
    Oooh, good call; I’m fed up of the revisionist history of them. At the time – probably very good. Now, overhyped nonsense.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Coldplay

PrinceJohn

Oasis – to be fair, one good album, then each one was slightly worse. Sorta like a Nightmare or Elm Street, Halloween, or Friday the 13th of the music world.

kilo

beatles or u2 (one of the worst bands to come out of the Netherlands)

unovolo
    Free Member

Florence and her w@nk machine

donsimon
    Free Member

Never find ’em when you need them. Never up to the job as they always break. No longevity as they become brittle and break after time. Buy a box, lose a box, buy another box, lose another box.
    COMPLETE WASTE OF F***ING SPACE!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Or the “What band do a lot of people like but I just don’t?” thread.

No, the ‘most hyped up way beyond their true musical worth and genuine talent’ thread.

Beatles is a pretty good shout. People forget they were a semi-‘manufactured’ boy baynd doing commercial pop music to begin with. Then were ‘influenced by (copied, basically) other baynds and musicians of the time. If you actually analyse their work critically, they weren’t as good as many artists throughout the period they were active for. Loads more talented, inventive and original stuff out there, the Beatles enjoyed success cos they were relatively ‘safe’ and undemanding. Not unlike many of today’s pop stars really.

Yeah, they had some good stuff, granted, couple of good albums, but tbh there’s loads of better stuff out there really. They were never really inventive or original; they helped popularise a lot of other music, but weren’t ‘pioneers’ in any real sense. And some of John Lennon’s stuff is absolutely dire; wishy washy hypocritical sentimental tosh. Goddam Hippy.. George Harrison did some interesting stuff with Indian music for a bit, worked with the likes of Ravi Shankhar, but again, a bit insipid really. And as for McCartney; ye Gods where to begin? 😯

Yeah, Beatles for me too I think.

Oh, and for individual artist; Madonna. Yeah she’s bin a round a very very long time, but what has she ever done where you can stand back and truly say ‘that’s great’?

flange100
    Free Member

oasis,oasis,oasis.oasis

donsimon
    Free Member

Oh, and for individual artist; Madonna. Yeah she’s bin a round a very very long time, but what has she ever done where you can stand back and truly say ‘that’s great’?

But it’s POPular music, it’s not supposed to be great, just appealing to the money giving drones who are looking for someone to give them an identity.
    What method are we using to rate, apart from personal opinion?

joao3v16
    Free Member

Beatles

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah we know that, Don, it’s all ‘pop’ music of some sort really, in’t it? No matter how seriously it takes itself.

I used Madonna cos she’s always the ‘most whatever’ artist blah blah blah without ever having really produced anything genuinely outstanding.

What method are we using to rate, apart from personal opinion?

The Elfinscale on the Elfinometer; that tried and trusted barometer of what is good and what isn’t.

There is no better evaluative mechanism.

godzilla
    Free Member

MUSE

unsponsored
    Free Member

Beatles

Clobber
    Free Member

coldplay +1

tazzymtb

the smiths

derek_starship
    Free Member

There’s a few!

The Beatles
    Radiohead
    Oasis
    The Clash
    The Rolling Stones

Pointless thread of course as music is quite possibly the most subjective thing in the world.

I’ll go for Beatles, U2 and Coldplay. Seen Muse live and they were awesome, albeit some of their later stuff is a bit poo

john_drummer
    Free Member

Pink Floyd

donsimon
    Free Member

Yeah we know that, Don, it’s all ‘pop’ music of some sort really, in’t it? No matter how seriously it takes itself.

Not really, no. There’s Pop music where it’s done simply for the money and I believe there are genuine artists out there who do it for the love of music and not popular acclaim.
    Not all music is pop music, but all pop music is overrated if it’s considered to be anything other than popular.
    And I still hate elastic. 👿

DickBarton

Beatles…right place, right time but that is it…

creamegg
    Free Member

i thought my suggestion for Beatles would be controversial but obviously not

crikey
    Free Member

Beatles; complete rip off of the Rutles imo

bikebouy
    Free Member

Another addition on mine:

Elbow “I’m a boring man, who sings sond like a child sitting in a pram”..yadda..whine….moan

Artic Monkeys “You look good, sitting on someone elses face..” yadda yadda”

molgrips
    Free Member

The Doors I reckon are the most over-rated.

One of the most under-rated I think is the Kinks. Every time I hear one of their songs I am extremely impressed, and yet most people just think of ‘you really got me’.

emsz
    Free Member

For me the hair metal stuff Bon Jovi that sort of thing. Nothing to say, tedious by the numbers dad rock. Awful

yossarian
    Free Member

AC DC

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 271 total)

The topic ‘Most Over Rated Band In History.’ is closed to new replies.