Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Most haunted
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Ok, I know this programme is all a load of rubbish and that Ms Fielding is extremely annoying, but I am open minded to the existence of ghosts, spirits or whatever you want to call them. Anyone had any experiences or seen anything that has convinced them?

sadexpunk

aah derek acorah 🙂

what a star! 🙂

mikey74
    Free Member

He hasn't been on any of the ones I've seen, thankfully.

Just seems to be lots of people jumping at their own shadows and no tangible evidence.

wwaswas

I think they work on the principle that if they use a hand held low light camaera and shout "ooooh, a ghost" a lot that it makes gripping television.

mikey74
    Free Member

I think they work on the principle that if they use a hand held low light camaera and shout "ooooh, a ghost" a lot that it makes gripping television.

Exactly what I was thinking, but I still watch in the hope that some decent evidence might crop up.

MrNutt
    Free Member

none of my socks are ever seen together again after entering my house, occasionally there are inexplicable disappearances during which I am often haunted by a nagging memory.

mikey74
    Free Member

….and thanks to the pointless drunk bloke there

GrahamS

Did you happen to watch The Gadget Show where they re-created some "haunted house" effects with a few gadgets? I think they were gently taking the piss out of Most Haunted.

It was quite amusing and the poor lassie they sprung it on looked like she was genuinely crapping herself. 😀

mikey74
    Free Member

No, but it is quite obvious how to fake much of what happens on the programme.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Idiot television for idiots. If I want to be scared watching the telly I would watch a horror film which is based around a story, has a plot and real (fake) blood n guts. Not watch some people wander around an old house screaming randomly (which is all it ever appears to me to be anyway).

Ghosts don't exist.

snowslave

Google the episode they took the Happy Mondays to a "haunted" prison. It's on you tube somewhere. Bladdy funny.

My wife reckons she's seen ghosts. She once woke me up and said her dead gran was at the end of the bed one night. I replied "well tell her to eff off, no ghosts welcome in this **** house". But I didn't dare look and spent the rest of the night with my head under the pillow, scared witless, refusing to surface until it became light again.

I don't believe in ghosts myself of course.

mikey74
    Free Member

Ghosts don't exist.

And your proof is? I agree with most of your points, but you can not categorically say, that ghosts don't exist.

Yeah I saw the Happy Mondays one: It was hilarious.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

but you can not categorically say, that ghosts don't exist.

Okay, so I cannot say categorically that they do not exist but until the day I see irrefutable proof that they do, I will continue to believe that they do not. Just like I do not have any reason to believe in any god either.

kimbers

Idiot television for idiots

sums it up nicely, infact that sums up pretty much all of uk TV for me

eat_the_pudding
    Free Member

mikey74
    and YOU cannot categorically say that I'm not standing behind you in disembodied form carrying my invisible numptyhammer with a nail through the end.

There is an infinite list of "things" that cannot be proven not to exist.

Almost always these "things"; occupy no space, emit no radiation and cause no physical effect outside your head.

So whats the exact difference between these "things" (ghosts, unicorns, whatever) and something that isn't actually there?

Answers on a postcard please :o)

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Answers on a postcard please

A real or ethereal one?

AndyP
    Free Member

And your proof is? I agree with most of your points, but you can not categorically say, that ghosts don't exist.

now I disagree with Mastiles Fannylion on a lot of things, but I have to admit he displays more than a modicum of intelligence. Thus he CAN categorically say that ghosts don't exist.

eat_the_pudding
    Free Member

Ethereal ones are far more reliable in this current industrial climate 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

but I have to admit he displays more than a modicum of intelligence. Thus he CAN categorically say that ghosts don't exist.

So – do you agree with me or are you pulling my dangly?
    😛

mikey74
    Free Member

It's amazing how quickly civilized conversations turn into slanging matches.

Don't know why I bother trying to start proper, informed debates on here.

Here endeth the thread.

AndyP
    Free Member

eew
    I am agreeing with you, and not the other.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I am agreeing with you, and not the other.

Whey! Nice to hear that some people are bigger than having petty misconceptions about people from previous posts. 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Oi! – who said you could end the thread? I will not let it happen. I am not bored of ghosts yet. 🙂

eat_the_pudding
    Free Member

mikey74 "I'm open minded and you can't prove ghosts don't exist"
    various "theres no evidence they DO exist. Do you have any?"
    mikey74 "Wahhhhh why does no-one agree with me , I'm running away!"
    everyone "So thats what proper informed debate means …"

tazzymtb

I've never understood the following TV ghost hunting things:
    1. you want to observe something happening – so you turn the lights off
    2. You see something scary – so you run away rather than verify it
    3. You use an EMF meter in an old house with dodgy/unshielded wiring and wonder why you "observe anomalies"
    4. you use a laser thermometer to find "cold spots" when they only work on surface temperature, not what's in the beam so you get "oooo a cold spot, quick use the thermometer (points it at cold spot and beam ends on external wall) oooooooo It's colder it must be a ghost!"

any use of mediums automatically invalidates any investigation as you might as well ask barney the dinosaur/god/any other made up entity for answers.

There is some interesting lab based research on human phsyiological response to naturally occuring EMF and infrasound leading to "paranormal" expereinces, but that doesn't make good TV for muppetts. 😀

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Most haunted’ is closed to new replies.