Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Most desired frame?
  • cubemeup
    Free Member

Sat here bored sh¥less and looking on the net at bikes as you do. There’s some many now to choose from with all different wheel sizes.
    If you could choose on bike/frame only what would you go for?
    Think mine would be still a 26’er Santa Cruz nomad

transporter13
    Free Member

If Scott made the voltage fr with a longer seat tube then I’d happily buy another. Couple that with some 115-160 uturns up front and all 3 shock linkages and 3 different length shocks to have the travel range from 130-170mm and I’d have the perfect do it all bike.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Something by Yeti , Ibis or Turner failing that a SC or Transition , this side of the pond I would say Cotic Rocket or an Orange 5 / alpine rates well

Northwind

Specialized Enduro Sworks 29er. Which is a little bit like lusting over an Ikea kitchen, but what the heck.

I’d like a go on a beargrease carbon too, though.

sambob
    Free Member

I’d probably have a Tallboy LTc or a Bronson. Would love to try an SB95 though.

_tom_
    Free Member

Ti Charge Blender is what I want.
    FS wise probably a Banshee Rune or Spitfire.
    BMX – Native Trendkill.

Dark-Side

sambob – Member
    Would love to try an SB95 though.

POSTED 16 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Bought one today after test riding it and absolutely falling in love. Bikes have always been more of a tool to me until test riding the SB95 today. I have never felt so confident on a bike before.

Steve77
    Free Member

Intense carbine and the carbon versions of the

Pivot Mach 5.7
    Spesh Stumpjumper Evo
    Devinci Dixon

are all on my list. Would be tempted by the Cube Stereo if I were to go for 650b

racefaceec90

i would love one of those jones ti frame/fork bikes 8)

takisawa2

Niner SIR.9

Oh, hang on… 8)

sambob
    Free Member

Having said I’d have one of those 3, a carbon version of my Horsethief with a shock with lockout and Reverb stealth routing would do me just fine.

seadog101

This:

Kahurangi

Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon

I have to look at one of these every time I get my bike out of the garage 🙁

But seriously… the whole 650bollox means I’m just going to keep riding my current bike for as long as possible 8)

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Demon Frameworks hardtail. Stainless tubes, antique copper finish, polished head tube lug. Most beautiful frame I’ve had the pleasure to hold.

And a 2014 V10c to replace my existing v10c with the ally rear end!

cubemeup
    Free Member

this years full range of FS bikes from Santa Cruz looks nice along with the Nukeproof mega

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Full sus Yeti SB95

Hardtail Litespeed cohutta….

binners

Transition Covert Carbon

Bugger. I’ve just drooled on my keyboard. Unfortunately, with that price tag, I’m more likely to own a pet unicorn.

TiRed

Castellano Bow Ti. I rode an Ibis once.

mrhoppy

I want a carbon Transition Bandit but seeing as they’ve stopped making it in a proper wheelsize I can’t see it happening.

orangeboy
    Free Member

For me an old school dean frame or original Spesh epic ( not the full sus one but the lugged hardtail)

banks
    Free Member

Carbon covert or yeti sb66. I’ll have to make do with my ally covert instead.

messiah
    Free Member

Nicolai Ion 16… not sure about 650b or 26″ wheels though 🙄

wwaswas

2nd the Liteville 301.

No idea why. I just want one.

Tracey

Mine was a carbon S Works Enduro and I managed to treat myself and get a full bike

honourablegeorge

messiah – Member
    Nicolai Ion 16… not sure about 650b or 26″ wheels though

If you have a bunch of perfectly good 26″ kit to hang off it, then 26″. Otherwise 650.

cubemeup
    Free Member

i seen the 26’er s works enduro last week, thats one sexy looking bike!

also the new Evil trail bike is pretty sweet too

mudsoul
    Free Member

Another vote for the Liteville 301.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I’m another Spech fanboi and want the S-Works Enduro 26 with the CCDBA CS shock and a Stumpy Carbon Evo 26.

I lusted after the X Wing enduro frame since it came out and I finally got one a couple of months ago and love it.

cubemeup
    Free Member

my brother has the 2010 enduro comp stunning bike but your knackered if you want to upgrade the shock!!

chakaping
    Free Member

I think Mondraker make the tastiest-looking frames, however when doing a google images search for “Summum” I was surprised to see pictures even easier on the eye than their DH bike.

N entirely SFW link

And back to the bikes…

I_Ache
    Free Member

cubemeup – Member
    my brother has the 2010 enduro comp stunning bike but your knackered if you want to upgrade the shock!!

I’m in the slightly better situation as I have the Evo. I think I can change for most if not all coil shocks. Until recently I wanted to put an air shock on it, now I have sorted out the spring rate and it is amazing.

I’m sure Mojo will carry the stanchions with the silly eyelets for the normal frame, if this is the case you could probably swap to just about any Fox air shock.

Tracey

Mine has a RP23 fitted as standard and you can buy these from Specialized to fit the 2010 Enduro instead of the RP2. Specialized say that the CCDB Air wont fit it though.

Kevin has the S Works Stumpy carbon and was amazed at how it performed in Verbier this year compaired to his Enduro.

cubemeup
    Free Member

I’m sure Mojo will carry the stanchions with the silly eyelets for the normal frame, if this is the case you could probably swap to just about any Fox air shock.

i know the boys over mojo and they said he cant even upgrade due to the eyelets. need to buy a evo link!
    bit stupid in my eyes by spesh

matther01
    Free Member

Ti Soul…if such a thing were to exist.

Rik
    Free Member

Has to be a Nicolai Ion 16 650b

I_Ache
    Free Member

[Quote]need to buy a evo link![/quote]

Do they say the evo link will fit an air shock? How?

I can’t see why they can’t put the business end of an RP23 on the stanchion of the RP2.

cubemeup
    Free Member

I have asked but they can’t do it for some reason

vickypea
    Free Member

Cotic Soul because it’s got beautiful clean, fuss-free lines. I’m not one for wierd cluttered shapes.

Cheezpleez

I’d like a Ti version of my Buzzard with an EBB.
    Please Sam.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Stanton Slackline Ti.

Ragley Bagger 288.

Custom colour Dialled Alpine.

Ahhhhhh…..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Most desired frame?’ is closed to new replies.