Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Morzine Camping
  • gj78
    Free Member

Flying to Geneva in July and being picked up by a mate in his van, any recommendations for camping/campsites in the area?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Marmot iirc

richc
    Free Member

I’ve camped here at Les Gets:
    http://www.alpensport-hotel.com/fr/chalets-independants.php#galerie-camping.php

Which is pretty close if you are happy to use the lifts.

You can also get a lift to above the campsite and ride down to it.

Gets pretty cold at night however as its pretty high, and its a long walk into town for a bar

sharkattack

Is there a campsite in Morzine? I don’t know of one.

That one in Les Gets is great but it’s an absolute pig to get back to if you want to pop into town on a night. That hill is a stone cold killer after a pizza and some pints.

Stoner
    Free Member

The only one I know of “in” morzine is next to the timber yard in Montriond. It’s v v basic and pretty crap really. In summer there’s usually lots of vans in the lower market car park in Morzine where bikers seem to be tolerated to “wild” camp, but apart from the toilet and a dodgy hosepipe there’s no facilities.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member
    hora
    Free Member

Evening. **** that- the thunderstorms can be epic and the walk

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Lower car park option has gone. Have to stay in the circus car park now.

There’s the one. Wifi is crap but campsite is ok.

sharkattack

Lower car park option has gone.

What do you mean by this? The Carrefour carpark with the hashtag vanlife crew?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Yeah the mayor got pissed off eventually and banished us all to the circus car park in 2014

nickjb
    Free Member

There were 5 or 6 vans camped there last summer.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

They’ve put rocks all down the side of the road no?

sharkattack

We were there 2015 and it was packed with van tramps (including us for a few days). Good vibes. You just can’t be there on whatever day the market is on.

Where is the circus car park? Not sure where you mean.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

The nyon car park. Just up the road a mile. Where they have the circus.
    When I was there for 5 weeks in ’13 I was told that was it and they were stopping everyone down the road and moving to the nyon car park. Interesting.

nickdavies

Camping le frene in Les gets as above.

Good site, lift accessible and it’s not that far up the hill. Rode up a couple of times after missing the last lift last year including one midnight dash after a 3pm early finish turned into beers till midnight 😆

Nice to wake up with a view of Mont Blanc in the morning out of the tent door too.

The morzine campsite marmotte was expensive and still a ride from town.

zero-cool
    Free Member

We always stay at La Pré campsite in Montriond.
    The showers have u limited hot water. It’s less than 10 minutes ride up the river to Super Morzine and the ground drains fairly well. There’s a little shop around the corner for pastry and bread in the morning. And a bar/cafe/pizza takeaway 5 minute walk away. And a bike wash in the campsite.
    And best of all it’s downhill all the way back from Morzine with your bag of post ride shopping.
    The lady that runs the campsite is friendly (although she truthfully speaks not a single word of English). And there’s usually a good friendly crowd staying there. It’s no where near as boisterous and loud as staying in Morzine itself.

Tom Kp

gj78
    Free Member

Many thanks for the info all!

Stoner
    Free Member

[hijack] wysiwyg – can you re-glue a lifted Z3 screen? Otherwise intact. Im guessing your PM email is a spam absorber so could you pm me? 😉 [/hijack]

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Morzine Camping’ is closed to new replies.