Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Morzine 2009!!! Can’t wait!!!
  • Stevie-G
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer. just been looking at som pics of a new green line? in morzine is it finished yet??

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

The riding aroudn Morzine and Les Gets is really easy to find. You can buy a map from the lift stations for about 3 euros which will have everything on and makes it super easy. Definately head out to pre la joux, also go up to Pointe de Moisette and down the back into Switzerland, basically the Portes du Soleil there is loads of stuff (everyone was on about P du S as it was last weekend). I was just out there for my 6th time and never get bored of it, although this year did no riding as on 1st DH of holiday Mr MC crashed and broke his knee which resulted in operation and 4 day stay in hospital in Thonon.

I am oh so jealous having spent 5 days there seeing everyone else riding but stressing going back and forth to hospital. I think I have a spare lift map so if you want it drop me an e-mail with your address and I’ll send it through to you. franwhyte AT hotmail DOT com

Happy days.

flap_jack
    Free Member

endlessride, your party looked great sat night. I was watching enviously from the igloo balcony…

Stevie-G
    Free Member

Thanks, I’ll have to get a lift pass when i get there so i can get a map then but thanks so much for the offer… am i right in saying i’ll get a lift pass a the place under the plenny lift???

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

You can get lift passes at any lift, 20 euros a day but cheapr buying a week if you there long enough. Ask for the plastic electronic card, you pay 3 euros but they are better, then when you go next year you can recycle the card. Each time you get a new card you get points once you ge 80 you have enough for a free day. we had 96 points this year .. although it was pointless after Mr MC broke knee but hey!!!!

If you are staying in Morzine you HAVE to go to La Bonbonierre which is the chocolatier and patisserie just down from the Tourist office opposite the Spar shop, best cakes you will not believe it! We stayed above it this year, woken at 0515 hours to the smell of baking .. awesome!!

Stevie-G
    Free Member

Yeah i’m staying in Morzine, i still have my card from last year so i’ll take it with me. I’ll try that patisserie, sounds good mmmmmm!!!

txr301
    Free Member

Looks like the weather is going to be a bit pants over the weekend. Gutted! Arriving on Saturday, anyone know of any BBQs or get-togethers going Sat/Sun night?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry about the forecast too much! Last week it was saying pi**ing rain all weekend, we had a thunder storm when we arrived on Friday and all that night, rest of 5 days were glorious blue sunshine and blazing heat!!
    If you want to do something else the 50 metre out door pool is brilliant as well but remember you can only wear budgie smugglers cannot get in if you wear baggy shorts!
    Oh I want to come .. can I squeeze in someone’s bike bag? Feel robbed of my trip 🙁

txr301
    Free Member

Cheers MC, that’s made me feel a bit better.

Bummer about the husband – not wearing knee pads?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Yup was wearing knee pads!!!! He thought it was dislocated you should’ve seen our faces when local Dr said “knee broken, surgery, ambulance 1 hour” … mmm think I may’ve gone a tad white! Being 5ft 4 inches and 9 stone trying to deal with 2 bikes in bags and luggage on my own … mm was an interesting experience … biceps had a good work out at Geneva airport yesterday!

Good news though his bike, full face, pads etc are unscathed! Not a scratch!

Stevie-G
    Free Member

did you get charged for extra weight with the bikes??? I’ll be gutted if i have to pay extra….Also get well soon Mr MC

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Depends, where are you flying from? we flew from Luton, she weighed the bikes but Mr MC has this knack of propping the bag up subtly with his foot so they don’t notice! coming back in Geneva they were insistent that I stood away from the belt to weigh the bags properly, Mr MC was 30k and mine was 28k however they didn’t charge us extra even though the TOTAL baggage allowance is 32k! And my 85litre rucksack clearly DIDN’T weigh 4k!!

If you fly from Gatwick they have these metal barriers over the conveyor belt which stops them from weighing the bikes.

Mates travelling from Bristol have had bikes weighed, this time they checked his bike knowing it was over weight. Allowed him to put bag on not saying anything. He was waiting in the departure lounge to go when his name was announced and he was taken out to tarmac saying his bag was too heavy, he had to take some stuff out and put it into his girlfriends bike bag! craziness!!

By paying for a bike your personal weight limit is 32k, if you have just a bag then the limit is 20k. the max you can fly is 50k and they will charge you (or may depends on how nice check-in people are).

So in short who knows! If they weigh it do the foot balancing trick! oh and good luck, let us know the answer from the airport you fly with!!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

32kg limit is WRONG. Please ALL look at Easyjet T&C’s in detail. 32kg’s is for “sports goods” and we all assumed we only had a 32kg limit last year and only just made it, with slightly oversized hand luggage bags….

Section 10 of the T&C’s 2nd to last paragraph says something like “bikes don’t attract additional baggage charges” or words to that effect.

I also called Easyjet customer services a few days ago for confirmation. I was told about the 32kg limit so asked them about the paragraph I mention above. After being on hold for a few minutes they came back with ” you are right sir, if your bike and bag weigh under 50kg (standard max limit for everyone) there will be no extra charge but no single bag can weigh more than 32kg’s….I even got them to email me confirmation so am going armed with my T&C’s and their email ready for a bit of a bun fight on Saturday morning at 5am…. 😀

Kramer
    Free Member

Bollocks. Really pissed off now I’ve found that out. I priced my flight from East Midlands based on having to pay excess baggage as well as the £30 extra, and decided it would be cheaper to fly with BA from Heathrow. 🙁

flap_jack
    Free Member

coolhand – I should have read that, I got ripped for 72 quid for being at 40kg last thursday. get them back for me !

Stevie-G
    Free Member

Hey coolhandluke “bikes don’t attract additional baggage charges” i read the T&C’s and also took it to mean what you say. Half the time i don’t think the check in staff know what they are talking about!! Think i’ll print a copy of T&C’s and take with me for ammo!!!
    and also i’m flying from Manchester Munqe-chick so i’ll let you know how i get on….

MtbRoutes

Heading out to Endlessride tomorrow. Thanks for all the tips!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

You do get charged as everyone knows people that have been charged. If they knew the T&C’s then they wouldn’t charge and we would argue it. Hey if someone has told you that and it works for you but good luck! THey can refuse to fly anything over 50k!!!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Many people have tried the T&C’s trick, but truth be known, it is more down to luck and a nice check in operator than a piece of paper printed off the website, no matter what it says.

There have been disparities for years over whats allowed, whats not, charges, no charges etc. Even variances on the same flight.

Get there early, smile & be nice seems to be the best policy.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Hob Nob exactly my thoughts but whatever you do the foot balancing has to be a winner!

Kramer
    Free Member

I’m headed out to Endless Ride tomorrow as well. Infact, I’ve got just over an hour left at work ,then I’m on my way. Woo hoo!

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Morzine 2009!!! Can’t wait!!!’ is closed to new replies.