Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 174 total)
  • More than 1 child………….selfish??
  • teagirl
    Free Member

Breeding is a normal biological function. Selfishness doesn't come into it. Are you anti-kid people, vegetarian, animal rights activists, animals will reclaim the planet types? Animals don't think about how selfish they are in having how many off-spring.

Still at least the people who think that the breeders are selfish aren't adding to the gene pool!

ton

teagirl, very good input there…… 😉

Susie
    Free Member

The guy didn't say people shouldn't have any kids and neither did alot of people on here. We are going to get to the point where there is not enough food to feed everyone on the planet, therefore people will die. Oh well, we'll probably be alright in the Western world, who cares if millions of people in other parts of the world die of starvation.

ton

susie, single??

metalheart
    Free Member

Animals don't think about how selfish they are in having how many off-spring.

or wear clothes, ride bikes, use money, read, write or post on internet forums…

animal populations rise and crash…

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

He wasn't fired, he was made redundant (entirely plausible in the current economic climate).

For all the people who tout irrefutable science for 'man made' climate change (as is this mans beliefs), the Law has deemed it akin to religion!

No its not selfish to have more than one child. When I can afford children, I'll be getting down to some serious reproduction! Until then its practice, practice, practice. 😉

Susie
    Free Member

No.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Susie you sound like you need to get laid.

ton

i find people who do not want or like children somewhat strange and odd.
    trying to quell a human beings natural functions and urges is not err natural.
    just wrong..

soops
    Free Member

I don't have kids and am not that bothered (neither is the wife) about having them. I pay more taxes than people who have kids and i do not put pressure on schools,nhs etc.

A tax break would be nice as we are not putting pressure on the system!
    😉

teagirl
    Free Member

Why, thanks, Ton 🙂

I've found that middle-aged people that haven't had kids stemming from a philosophical, religious, environmental, economic standpoint really regret it! But that's in my experience.

retro83
    Free Member

Susie
    Free Member

The world population in the 50's was 2.5 billion, it is now approaching 7 billion. Where I live, farm land has recently been sold to builders, I'm sure that is probably happening throughout the UK and the world. How large does the population have to get before you are worried about how we and future generation are going to be able to feed ourselves?

ton

happy family

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

before you are worried about how we and future generation are going to be able to feed ourselves?

Darwinian Survival of the Fittest, now thats selfishness in action!

metalheart
    Free Member

(edit:i cant be bothered)

ton

MetalHeart, no kids, single maybe, member of alsorts of 'groups'?

edit, too late….tut tut tut

avdave2

Population does not need to be reduced. When it does need to be reduced it will.

It really is very simple, what some here are really saying that they would like it reduced so there are more resources for them and the things they like will not be used up or destroyed by others.

muggomagic

MetalHeart – Member
    I'm sorry but if the likes of me and Teej have contributed taxes all these **** years putting your sprogs through education, hospital, etc then damn if them brats cant wipe up our skiddy drawers and mop our dribbling chins in our dotage.

It the least they can do. ingrates.

When you're in a care home because you're too old and insane to look after yourself, and because you've no family to do so either. Then someone else's child will be the one mopping your chin and wiping your wrinkly arse.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

I'm beginning to bite my finger Ton.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Reducing population is thus the most selfless thing you can do and having children the most selfish.

hardly – there are certainly far more useful things you could do like inventing usable fusion power or shooting Jermy Clarkson (soz Jez). For that matter, by that measurement it would be selfless to commit mass murder and then suicide – in fact "terrorism" would become the new path of the Messiah! I feel my (2) kids are the best things I've ever done, not as self promotion but for who they are – and I gave a big chunk of my life to bringing them up as well and happily as I could. We cannot say how the human experiment will turn out, but I'm not willing to abandon it just yet…

jimmy

Interesting one. Regardless of the sustainability question (we, the West, need to reduce consumption; China, India & Africa need to curb population growth and develop in a better fashion) I have no real desire to have kids. I don't find them cute, adorable or want to spend time with them. I like my niece & nephew – they're good fun but too rowdy for me to (want to) cope with all the time. All the "Oh its not the same when they're yours" nonsense – of course its not, I have to deal with it then, sure there'll be plenty happy times but I like my peace, quiet and 'me time'. So which is more selfish – not wanting kids so I don't have to deal with them, or having kids for my edification? Both. Neither.

Add to that I really believe the 'future being a good place to be' is hanging in the balance and it doesn't add up to wanting kids.

Stopping health care after, say, 75yrs old – that would be a better answer. I know its not realistic and way too emotive to deal with, but its the aging of our population which is screwing us over in more way than one right now.

jimmy

Darwinian Survival of the Fittest, now thats selfishness in action!

Did Darwin factor in WMD? People on the edge of survival don't die quietly.

teagirl
    Free Member

And when you are being stitched up in A and E after a headplant off your bike will you protest that someones kids are treating you?

Hang on, isn't going out biking a rather selfish indulgence?

clunker

Our third child was born on Friday, got to get some more use out of the bike trailer 😆

A very proud Daddy of three wonderful children

IdleJon

Add to that I really believe the 'future being a good place to be' is hanging in the balance and it doesn't add up to wanting kids.

If I read that correctly then you are using the same reasoning as people in the 60s had for not wanting kids, except then it was nuclear destruction that they were looking forward to.

djglover
    Free Member

I had twins, which one do I have to give up?

IdleJon

"Hang on, isn't going out biking a rather selfish indulgence? "

+1

As is wasting resources having a pointless debate on the internet.

convert

teagirl – you are a bit daft and your thoughts a bit simple! Please reread and add something to the debate that mounts to a reasoned argument.

Hang on, you're a mother so all your reasoned and rational thoughts dribbled out of your womb many years ago!

(You are very close to a ban Mod)

ton

to all you neysayers………..
    do you think the inny and outy bits were put there for you to rub and touch…………..ffs

get with the program, you wizened, dried up deserts of people…… 🙄

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

As is wasting resources having a pointless debate on the internet.

who decides when it's pointless ? And does everything have to have a point ? What the point of MTB ?

get with the program, you wizened, dried up deserts of people…

I don't agree with this either – leave reproduction to those that want to do it, and let those that don't – die out in peace

soops
    Free Member

I like kids, but just because i don't want any why is this a problem?
    Do all you breeders feel jealous of all the free time i have to enjoy MY life!?
    😉

ton

my being the key word soops…….. 😉

br
    Free Member

SLF

No, not Stiff Little Fingers, but, Selfish Lazy **** – most of our friends without kids are 50% likely to be single and far too many of them are SLF's.

Hate to think what they'll be like when they are older, they're bad enough in their 40's.

metalheart
    Free Member

no kids

correct. got some sweet nephews/nieces though

single

correct. I am just sooooo selfish…

member of alsorts of 'groups'

I was a Warlord Secret Agent, does that count?

When you're in a care home because you're too old and insane to look after yourself, and because you've no family to do so either. Then someone else's child will be the one mopping your chin and wiping your wrinkly arse.

correct. thats exactly what i meant.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I have two kids and I couldn't care less what anyone thinks of my choices.

why are we feeding the trolls?

teagirl
    Free Member

Having children has, and is, the most selfless thing we've ever done in life.

My

just don't come into it! My biking has to fit into my families life, still, my lack of osteoporosis won't be a drain on the NHS! 😀

ton

cos it passes your sad boring evening………..jools

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I wouldn't wish that on anyone, least of all my own, and fully intend to kill myself before that can come about

Do all you breeders feel jealous of all the free time i have to enjoy MY life!?

not in the least – I prefer being me :o)

jimmy

do you think the inny and outy bits were put there for you to rub and touch…………..ffs

seems to work pretty well, aye 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 174 total)

The topic ‘More than 1 child………….selfish??’ is closed to new replies.