• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by imn.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • More MS Word help – page numbering……….
  • core

You may remember my last thread, where I needed page breaks to insert landscape pages into a primarily portrait document, the advice worked and that’s now sorted, cheers!

The document is now complete and going to print soon, last thing to do is number the pages up and index it. But I’ve got 2 slight issues:

1) I’d like to start the page numbering (Page 1) on what is actually the 5th page of the document (the first 4 are cover/guff). Is there a way to do this?

2) As I’ve now got page breaks, it splits the numbering is there any way to avoid this?

Cheers

Sam

dashed
    Free Member

Right click on the number and numbering properties should sort you out. You can chose to start at any page number. You might need to do something funky in the footers like unclicking the “same as previous” box so you have no numbers in the first section, then numbers start from a next section in the doc.

imn

Best to have a section break at end of 4th page, then you can have different page numbering styles. As Dashed notes, you’ll need to deselect the ‘same as previous’ option for the footer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘More MS Word help – page numbering……….’ is closed to new replies.