Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • mobile phone family package – does this exist?
  • Zedsdead
    Free Member

Okay, I have 3 kids, wife and myself. Youngest now wants a phone as well.
    I’m on O2, wife is on Tesco mobile.

I wanted to get the kids PAYG SIM cards but they all seem to be pay £10 for a months access? Is it still possible to get a regular PAYG SIM where you add £10 and once it’s used it’s used (which could be in a day or a year).

Or, do companies do family deals where I would pay a flat monthly fee (just looking to keep costs as low as possible) for 5 handsets?

When it comes to phones and IT stuff I’m not even close to being in this century so don’t have a clue as to what would be best. sorry.
    Give me an engine though, I can work wonders with them haha!

Cheers

funkynick

As much as I hate to say it, but I think Tesco are actually pretty good at this.

As part of a family group, as long as all the contracts are in one name, you get perks that can be added, such as extra minutes or data. On top of that they have settable buffers, so that you can cap any extra spend on a phone in a month, and this can be set to zero, so once you are through that monthly allowance that’s it.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

thanks Funkynick. I’m only on O2 beacause I always have been. It’s a basic package but I think my wife’s Tesco deal is way better.

Best to drop in to a local store I guess?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jon1973
    Free Member

I wanted to get the kids PAYG SIM cards but they all seem to be pay £10 for a months access? Is it still possible to get a regular PAYG SIM where you add £10 and once it’s used it’s used (which could be in a day or a year).

try 3 payg. It’s what I use – you just pay for what you use….no hidden charges.

3p per minute
    2p per text
    1p per mg data

You can add credit (min £5) which never expires. Each time you add credit you get 150mg data for free.

redstripe
    Free Member

Our lot all use giff gaff packages as sim only, seems to work well and reasonably priced. I think it runs off O2 network so putting sim in yours will be fine

hammyuk
    Free Member

EE do a sharing package so one contact and you share the minutes/texts/data across the numbers.
    If not Giffgaff are about the cheapest for sim only with lots of minutes/texts.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘mobile phone family package – does this exist?’ is closed to new replies.