Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Montane Prism – that good ?
  • iainc

Thinking about one of these for out and about, hills and urban. Are they as good as the reviews suggest ?

sandwicheater

Yes, they are ace. I’ve lived in mine for the last 4 years over the colder months.

Great fit for me, good arm length, massive pockets, great hood. Will be replacing it with another prism when it does die.

jimmy

aye, they’re the beans.

wl
    Free Member

Great jacket, love mine, tho for me slightly overpriced if you pay full whack. Plenty of deals around tho.

iainc

Excellent, think that’s made my mind up, cheers 😀

wl
    Free Member

Don’t forget they pack into their own zip pocket! Handy.

marmaduke
    Free Member

I just got the Montane Flux, £125 from Go Outdoors. Tried the Prism which was too short in the body (i’m 6 feet) I LOVE the Flux, both are superb quality. Made me want to buy everything they make.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

My favourite jacket ever

mattsccm
    Free Member

I love mine. Had it for years. I happen to know that I have the waistcoat version coming as an Xmas pressy.

russ295
    Free Member

I’ve got the flux. Great jacket. I’ve also got a huge down jacket from when the warehouse had a sale a few weeks ago.
    No idea what it’s called, but it’s like putting on a giant sleeping bag.

northernerindevon

Awesomeness in a jacket – bought mine on the offchance and now pretty much live in it! Can’t remember the ‘proper’ name for the colour scheme but bright green exterior and bright yellow interior is just so cheerful! Love it.

northernerindevon

Awesomeness in a jacket – bought mine on the offchance and now pretty much live in it! Can’t remember the ‘proper’ name for the colour scheme but bright green exterior and bright yellow interior is just so cheerful! Love it.

scotroutes

“That” good?

It’s not waterproof.
    There are warmer jackets.
    There are cheaper jackets.
    There are other primaloft jackets.

I have two. Bought the first as a sort of “emergency” winter layer for being on the bike. I almost never took it off. Bought another (Green/Yellow) last winter too. Packs well, is windproof, light and cosy without being overly warm. Pretty much the first thing I pack when going bivvying. I’ve looked at some of the alternatives but they lack all the bits I like (some have no hoods, none have the reflective shoulder flashes) .

cynic-al
    Free Member

One of many decent jackets.

Mine appears to have lost loft and warmth after 4 years.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Montane Prism – that good ?’ is closed to new replies.