Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – March 10th
  • Harry_the_Spider

The Wine Press – OL15 0AZ
    Hollingworth Lake
    8:15
    Bring beer money

terrahawk
    Free Member

I’ll be on my way to Norfolk…
    have fun

binners

Chaps and chapesses – rather than filling up the (poncey) Wine Press car park, which gets busy, you’re best parking up in the visitor centre car park, just past it on the left hand side. We’ll still be able to drip mud on their wooden floors and suede sofa’s afterwards, while eating kettle chips and drinking a crisp oaked Chardonnay

Bregante

Still waiting for vital missing pieces for the bike but I’m hopeful…..

binners

The right sized wheels?

Harry_the_Spider

Sort it out!

My new Solar Strom has just arrived after 6 weeks 😕 . Looking forward to the extra Lumens (see fig 1.) and burning my house down with the charger.

Fig 1.

Extra Lumens.

Bregante

The right sized wheels?

If wittonweavers shows up, be careful if you ride behind him as the trail is likely to be “livelier” than usual.

s’all I’m saying.

Harry_the_Spider

Wittonweaver? STW’s very own Snake Plissken

binners

I heard he was leading the revolution in Kiev

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Im back, apparently from Kiev where my alternative revolution attempted to make their national dish a sort of garliccy chicken in breadcumbs sort of dish.Things were going quite well too for a while until other mundane matters took over.

I’m hopeful of getting up there this week. I have wheels again and loved it last time we were up there although i doubt i’ll be setting much of a pace i’ll happily shut the gates behind us!

Not sure about Bregante’s comment. Sounds like harassment to me. ‘Plebgate 2’ is just around the corner…

Harry_the_Spider

Good stuff.

Binners is our guide and Terrahawk is away making telly programmes with his luvie media mates (see Issue 88 in a couple of weeks).

Expect the pace to be trans-sonic.

Who was it who led us round there last time? The route was one of the highlights of the 2013 Pub Ride season.

terrahawk
    Free Member

If it’s that good and you were proper mates you’d go for a shit ride on Monday and save this one for when I got back the week after.

binners

Just debating routes. I wasn’t there last time, so I don’t know which way round you did it. I’ve got a usual route but it comes in at over 2 and a half hours. Which is no bloody good if we need beer and crisps! So I’m going to do it another way, but worry ye not – we’ll still finish with the descent picking our way through the rocks on the edge, then the uber-fast grassy run down through the pylons. All of which will be feeling really alive for some, and merely acceptable for the rest of us

The forecast looks blinding too : )

Bregante

Bloodystupidbikepartscompatibilitybloodystupidcouriercompaniesgetyourarseingearanddelivermyrearmech!

If (and currently that is looking like a very big IF) I get there, I can remember the route we did last time – however the descent that brings you down the side of the rugby field has been ruined recently (gravelled over)

grum
    Free Member

I might be able to make it down for this now it’s safe to come out of hibernation.

binners

That’s what you get for buying stuff from Yaaaaaaaaarkshire, with their weird standards!

The route I’ve got in mind is a belter. I know where you’re talking about Bregante. Fear not – No recently gravelled paths will be involved

wittonweavers
    Free Member

This is where we went last time…

Strava

haha just read this too. It was the ride that Bregante “organised”!

Bregante

How many times! I don’t do responsibility!

Anyway. I’m in! (Apologies in advance for the offensive looking bike)

Harry_the_Spider

That’s nasty.

gaze
    Free Member

I’ am in + 2

binners

Dear god! Will somebody please think of the children!

Harry_the_Spider

Uglier than a fight at an Essex wedding.

Harry_the_Spider

The weather looks spot on for tonight. Not a cloud in the sky!

If it wasn’t pitch black I would probably be wearing my sun glasses.

burgatedicky

I’m in, see you chaps later (assuming I can re-fit the new calliper on my broke brake in time)

grum
    Free Member

Unsurprisingly I can’t make it after all – my wife says she needs the car. 😡

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Sorry chaps – had a ride yesterday and found my fitness to be seriously lacking and finished up aggrevating a bad ankle. Going to give it a miss which is a shame as i did fancy this one!

Too much too soon!

binners

You see. This is what happens when the very trails come alive beneath you! 😉

And you are aware that I’m guiding? I wouldn’t worry about lacking fitness mate. I’ll be leading from the rear, World War 1 General style 😀

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

Binners, am i still ok to borrow that light?

binners

Are you not getting any messages fella? Has your phone started protesting now that Strava no longer tells you that every ride goes to Heaton park? 😀

I’ve texted and emailed you this morning. Got them on charge for you, yes. You’ll need a bottle cage though. Who’s driving? I can get 2 bikes in, but not 3. But we’re probably best driving over together

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

Not got either texts or emails from you. Stupid new phone. At least strava is working.
    Do you know if Lee is out tonight?

buck53

Out of interest, what’s the pace (really) like on these rides? I’ve just moved to Milnrow and I’m looking for new riding buddies (unfortunately bike is out of action until the weekend). I’d be dead interested in coming along but unfortunately I’m unfit, fat and not that good at riding a bike, wouldn’t want to spoil it for anyone, like!

Harry_the_Spider

The pace is “social” and never faster than the slowest and nobody gets dropped (unless you are a ****).

The ride will be about 90 minutes / 12 miles.

Be prepared for piss taking and talking rubbish.

Bring beer money.

buck53

Sounds like my sort of ride!

As I say, I’m without bike for the next few days but I’ll keep an eye out in the upcoming weeks.

binners

I’d be dead interested in coming along but unfortunately I’m unfit, fat and not that good at riding a bike

You’ll fit right in then. You’ll have to join the fierce competition for the rear gunner position

dontdropthesoap – Lee’s out tonight, yes. Give him a shout. I’ll come down to you two. I need to get my other lights back off you anyway. Are they charged ok? I’ve got a spare battery with me anyway.

And… sort your bloody phone out!!!

binners

folks… as I sid in an earlier post, we’re best off parking up here

Its the visitor centre car park, just past the pub. Hollingworth is going to be Corsa’d out to the max with the weather like this, so don’t forget to turn your bass bins up and blast it out to fit in

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

All charged. Looks like its two cars.

binners

I’ll see you down at Lees about 7.30 then

Oh, and… SORT YOUR BLOODY PHONE OUT!!! 😉

grum
    Free Member

Who’s coming to collect me from Lancaster, take me back to Hebden to get my bike, then drive me to the meet up spot?

binners

We’re sending Hora to get you

grum
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – March 10th’ is closed to new replies.