Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride
  • wittonweavers
    Free Member

Not many of us out on Monday just gone (Eagle & Child, Ramsbottom) so no volunteers or suggestions for next week so far…

Any thoughts or volunteers for organising it?

Bregante

Would there be any interest in a route from Hollingworth Lake or is that too far afield for some of you? One of the better descents has been sanitised/ruined but there is still plenty to go at.

Edit: Please say its too far. I hate responsibility.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Sorry wrong forum!

Harry_the_Spider

I’m up for that, or I could do one from Prestwich.

Not fussed.

chipps

Hollingworth sounds good to me… We could get our Richard out for that too.

Harry_the_Spider

Groovy. 8:15 blast off?

Name your pub!

chipps

I wouldn’t know where I was going, so I’ll have to wait for a local to step up to the plate…

RustySpanner

Bregante
    One of the better descents has been sanitised/ruined but there is still plenty to go at.

Which one?

chipps – I work here

I wouldn’t know where I was going, so I’ll have to wait for a local to step up to the plate…
    Eh?
    It’s Littleborough, not Lithuania. 🙂
    You know, next town down from Tod, where you live. Big lake? Motorway? 😀

Bregante

Blummin eck does that mean I’m “leading” then?

Rusty, the descent on the pennine bridleway down to the footbridge over the M62 has been paved apparently but I haven’t ridden it in the last 12 months.

Pub wise I can only think of The Beach (OL15 0DD)

Basic route would be from Hollingworth Lake, up the horrible dirt track climb past the farm onto Blackstone Edge Road, up to the White House, right onto PBW and over Blackstone Edge (bit of hike-a-bike) and down to the aforementioned motorway bridge. Ups and Downs to Piethorne Reservoir and back towards Hollingworth.

Edit: not fussed though if people would rather do Prestwich as I know it’s been missed for a good few weeks??

Harry_the_Spider

Hollingworth this week, Prestwich next.

Job done!

wittonweavers
    Free Member

No, after i put chip butties on Bregante, I cant wait for your effort…! 😀

Bregante

🙂

chipps

I know it’s just up the road, but we always go down the road. I’ve ridden round there about twice!

Sea-Urchin

Count me in, Wine Press a better pub and locals can lock bikes outside the windows.
    Happy to help with routes if needed too.

Harry_the_Spider

Is the Wine Press what used to be The Fisherman’s?

Sea-Urchin

That’s the one.

Bregante

Happy to be guided which pub by a local sea-urchin. I haven’t been in the wine press since it was the Fish and I only chose the Beach as it has plenty of parking and I thought a “wine bar” might frown on a group of muddy mountain bikers rolling up a half hour before last orders.
    Are you joining us then? If so you may have some suggestions on variations the route?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

So whats the plan chaps?

Harry_the_Spider

8:15 at the Wine Press – OL15 0AZ
    90 mins riding
    Pint

trolleywheels
    Free Member

Sorry fellas, Rammy contingent won’t be able to make it tonight.

Enjoy the ride!

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Me, Neal and Tony will be there…

Harry_the_Spider

I hope that somebody who knows a route shows up or we could end up in the pub sooner rather than later.

MrSparkle

Sorry, I’ll be awol again. Not got the time to get to Littleborough so reluctantly I’ll not be there this week.I am hoping to get another one organised from Darwen before the year is over.

binners

Can’t do tonight chaps, as I’m at a gig. Which us unfortunate for you lot, as I know loads of routes around there. I could actually have served a purpose othe than slowing you all down 😛

Is the Wine Press what used to be The Fisherman’s?

A load of middle aged, fat blokes covered in mud? You’ll be made to feel about as welcome as a fart in a lift. Its proper poncey in there!

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

a fart in a lift, that is wrong on many levels !!!

RustySpanner

Bregante – Member

Rusty, the descent on the pennine bridleway down to the footbridge over the M62 has been paved apparently but I haven’t ridden it in the last 12 months.

Bum – that was the best bit for miles.
    And the only trail I know that’s ever caused a double blowout for an afro wearing Peruvian called Basil (those two metal bits sticking up about 9/10th of the way down).

Anyway, I’ve got manflu, so I’m out, sadly.

Have a good one.
    The club sandwich at the pub is nice, but then it should be at that price.

Bregante

Right chaps. The plan is to meet outside the wine press at 8.15. From memory, parking is fairly limited there although there is a car park about 50 yds further down (think parking free after 6 possibly).

Route as above as it’s the only one I know! And 1hr 30 might be a tiny bit ambitious but we’ll see how we get on!

Oh and what binners said about the wine press. Apparently it’s a bit la-di-da

Bregante

Last bump. Any more for any more?

5 at the minute so if you’re not there at 8.15……

I suspect it will be fairly easy to catch us on the climb to Blackstone Edge 😯

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Me, Tony and Neal
    You
    Harry

Sea Urchin?
    Chipps?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Whats happened to Tanglewood?

Harry_the_Spider

Whats happened to Tanglewood?

Aliens took him back.

Harry_the_Spider

Another quality run fellas!

Next week we’ll do Prestwich again. Perhaps taking in “Grotbags” and “Skidz R 4 Kidz”.

8:15.

Church Inn.

Bregante

Cheers chaps. Great ride and thanks to the locals who made some familiar trails interesting (and knackering) 🙂

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Really enjoyed it tonight! Cheers Bregante for organising – with just a little help from the locals! Great ride! 😀

Sea-Urchin

Spot on and good beer in the wine press too.
    Winner. 😉

harrison916
    Free Member

Ah..this is where you all lurk!!….

Newbie that joined and Enjoyed the ride out… Might travel over to après twitch (predictive text!.. But left it as it’s probably quite apt) next week

Nice beer at the wine press, was quite welcoming and not as we expected

tanglewood
    Free Member

Thank’s witton and harry for your concern.
    Had a big ride the Sunday previous, was too knac’d for monday and this Sunday my mum died.
    Quite upset, me and Mum lived together and were very, very close so…
    Any way must carry on, so will be there next monday(funeral prevailing?)
    Love.T.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride’ is closed to new replies.